Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Baker, Weimann, Clark, Guzan, Westwood and then Lowton next up!

Vlaar must be a bit miffed

Why should he be? He is undoubtedly on a much bigger contract than them, his time will come once he performs again!

Brilliant news. Absolutely adore him.

I've say this a million times in a million threads but I think we have a genuine top class talent in out hands here. That performance against Sunderland in particular was the best I've ever seen by a Villa full back, one of the best I've seen from any full back.

Hope he's here his entire career. He'll go down as a legend.

Id argue that the performance against Sunderland was up there with the best performances I have seen from any Villa player. I thought he was out of this world.

• Like 2

I've say this a million times in a million threads but I think we have a genuine top class talent in out hands here. That performance against Sunderland in particular was the best I've ever seen by a Villa full back, one of the best I've seen from any full back.

Id argue that the performance against Sunderland was up there with the best performances I have seen from any Villa player. I thought he was out of this world.
There's a chance it was because I'd been starved of decent play for a few years but I remember saying to my family and other ST holders sitting around me in the Upper Holte that I had never seen a full back run a game like that before. He was first class that day. More of the same please Matthew!

There's a chance it was because I'd been starved of decent play for a few years but I remember saying to my family and other ST holders sitting around me in the Upper Holte that I had never seen a full back run a game like that before. He was first class that day. More of the same please Matthew!

Did Benteke get Motm? Thought it was good that Lambert came out and said that Lowton was by far the best player on the pitch. Not to take anything from Benteke or anybody else that night. 

It is beyond belief that we got him for £900k compared to some of the dross we've signed in recent years.

If he continues his form of February forward thought next season he goes down as the signing of Lerner's era for sure. Makes you wonder who of the new lot will step up in the way Lowton and to a leaser extent Westwood have. You'd bet at least one will.

Did Benteke get Motm? Thought it was good that Lambert came out and said that Lowton was by far the best player on the pitch. Not to take anything from Benteke or anybody else that night.
I think so, although he did score a hat-trick so grabbed the headlines. I agreed with Lambert's assessment! Lowton was so involved and it seems everything he tried that night came off.

Whenever I play FM, I always look to sign a RB who will be my RB for his whole career, a la Russell Martin at Norwich. I don't know why it's always a RB but it's meant I have a soft spot for them.

I hope Lowton is that player for us :)

His performance against Sunderland was one of the best performances by a right back that I have seen in the last 25 years! He was immense that day. Now that he's had a full season to settle in and adapt to the huge step up to the Premier League, he's only going to improve. If he has a great season then who knows, he could be on that flight to Brazil next summer if England qualify. 

Brilliant player, this should show other players we look at that if they play well, show willing then the club will look after them, give them a good contract and then that should therefore gives us a progression up the table!!

UTV!

Brilliant player, this should show other players we look at that if they play well, show willing then the club will look after them, give them a good contract and then that should therefore gives us a progression up the table!!

UTV!

This.

Young players in the lower leagues will know that if they're putting in the work and are talented, then there is at least one Premier League manager who will possibly be taking notice.

Agreed. I have rewatched that game many times. Lowtons performance is jaw dropping.

Agent Cuellar deserves a mention.

Currently watching that Sunderland match again, and Lowton's performance was as good as any I have seen from Baines for lack of a better comparison. Absolutely outstanding.

Edit: That nutmeg at 41:00 whaaaat.

Edited by Keyblade

Really pleased about this. Probably the best new deal of the summer!

If he can carry on performing at the level that he was the last 10 or so games of last season, then we will have a top right back on our hands.

As Trent mentioned above, difficult to believe we picked him up for under £1m!

Â