TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree with your ifs !

If we sign a couple more players

If our academy kids come good

Then yes I agree we would have a pretty good season - 10th or above. I am getting more doubtful by the day of significant additions to the squad

..and in the last 5 years only gabby has come through the academy to hold a regular place in the squad - throw in Cahill who has done it elsewhere.....

But yes if Baker, Bannan, Gardner, Clark,Weiman, Carruthers, Herd, Lichaj - all perform consistently at premier level this season then I will be happy .............(and surprised)

I don't have much doubt about Clark, Lichaj, Bannan, Baker and Herd at this point - I think what we've seen of them shows that they are good enough to be in the squad. That leaves the uncertains - Gardner, Weimann, Carruthers; the latter 2 showing signs of being able to cope with Gardner (IMO) not really showing anything yet.

Even if we don't sign anyone else and the uncertains can't cut it, I don't think we'll do worse than about 15th - and considering that there has been wholesale change going on, in pretty much every area - that'd do.

Mate I'd snap your hand off for a garentee of finishing 15th right now.

If things don't go to plan there is a very real chance that we could really struggle and be back in a relegation fight for the 3rd year in a row. The squad is that thin.

I'm all for building things and having patience and I like the way we're looking at building up young, technical players and I agree that this is just the beginning but aiming for 15th is NOT good enough!

I'm sorry it's bullshit, we could live with it if it happened but despite the change of manager, I'd be very unhappy with 15th. It's one thing saying we're no longer challenging for top-6 but this is a pill I won't swallow.

Let's not pretend for one minute that the signings of Johnson and Whatshisface from Wolves wouldn't have improved us massively.

We need to be making signings just to stand still. The players last year werent good enough, we could have José Mourinho as manager and the likes of Delph, Baker, Gardner and co would still be inept.

This.

We're getting left behind. Horrible to sit and watch, all that false hope after appointing Lambo has left a bad taste. Theres no excitement, feels like we're just happy to rot away like the outside of the stand opposite the clubshop

Let's not pretend for one minute that the signings of Johnson and Whatshisface from Wolves wouldn't have improved us massively.

We need to be making signings just to stand still. The players last year werent good enough, we could have José Mourinho as manager and the likes of Delph, Baker, Gardner and co would still be inept.

This.

We're getting left behind. Horrible to sit and watch, all that false hope after appointing Lambo has left a bad taste. Theres no excitement, feels like we're just happy to rot away like the outside of the stand opposite the clubshop

You mean the stand that is only about 35 years old!

Last time i looked we were a premiership outfit

If you want players of the calibre to compete in the premierleague you pay premierleague wages

If were only looking to pay championship wages i fully expect us to end up there

I'd take NRC back in a "heartbeat" to coin a VT phrase

Anyway after today we will have just 96 hours left to get some players in and out

You have to keep in mind Saturday is Matchday and Sunday / Monday are days off so after today the phones will be dead til Tuesday am.

No, we have a week.

Reality is no, see above.

I may have been born in the 50's and come from the pre-mobile phone and ipad era - but I do believe there is a thing called a mobile phone or some such gadget that the players agents carry around 24 hours of the day.

I am sure if Lambert wants a player all he has to do is phone the agent. Agents are like bloodsuckers taking a cut of the transfer fee etc so do you think Agent A is gonna say to Lambert - F**k Off mate We are on a bank holiday or at a match and too busy?

No - they will take the call and discuss it - as it is in the best interest of the Player/Agent.Manager

But then that would spoil everyone's fun of doom and gloom mongering!

Everybody MAN the **** up. Lambert knows what he is doing, he will get the best out of All our players, I'm sure we will finish in the top 10..Lets get the positivity back, Yes we have a poor squad, But our Manager is top class. Lamberts got this.
Agreed. Not sure about top 10 but definitely top 12. I think people have let McLeish get to them. We may not be great but we aren't as bad as he made us look.

Everybody MAN the **** up. Lambert knows what he is doing, he will get the best out of our players, I'm sure we will finish in the top 10..Lets get the positivity back, Yes we have a poor squad, But our Manager is top class. Lamberts got this.

UTV!!

Hello General Krulak, long time no see ol' chap!

Everybody MAN the **** up. Lambert knows what he is doing, he will get the best out of All our players, I'm sure we will finish in the top 10..Lets get the positivity back, Yes we have a poor squad, But our Manager is top class. Lamberts got this.
Agreed. Not sure about top 10 but definitely top 12. I think people have let McLeish get to them. We may not be great but we aren't as bad as he made us look.

Yeah top 10 is possible, but top 12 is more realistic :P

Well said mate!

Some people on this site are a **** joke. I cant believe the last few pages of shit I have read and shows how high the IQ of some on here is.

One game onto a new season/era and it's the same bullshit! Even MCLeish got more time than some are giving PL already.

I think I'll stick to twitter for my transfer news from now on...at least I can block what I want on there. This site has gone down in the last few years and is now just a whinge pit for the depressants with every thread ending up the same way.

Sick of listening to retards, I'm off to going back and enjoying watching my football and the new exciting brand that PL is trying to bring to our great club.