General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Swansea have put a bid in for Ince from Blackpool.. I'd like him here.

:( Swansea are making some very good signings.

yeah but just because they are spending money on lots of quality doesn't mean they are going to win every game 5 ni......

oh wait :oops:

Ince,Sinclair,Dyer,Dyer,Michu

great players....

muchos jealous

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should have went for Laudrup?

Probably would have preferred him to Lambert actually, but Lambert isn't bad either. I'm happy with him at least, which is something none of us could say about our last manager.

Mantis wrote:

El-Reacho wrote:

Just listening to Football Weekly podcast - apparently QPR's current wages to turnover ratio is 183%. That's before they've even signed Dawson/Defoe etc...

Thought we were bad....

That's shocking. How on Earth can they keep this up? They remind me of a more extreme version of us under MON. Can see them ending up like Portsmouth.

Isn't their owner literally one of the richest men in the world? I'm pretty sure on several occasions he has stated he wants to build them up so that they are eventually competing with the big boys.

It is worrying that all of these teams around us are investing at a time when we're undergoing extreme cutbacks.

Depends if UEFA have the balls to enforce their financial fairplay regs or not.

City may have just snuck in at the right time as they can now show a huge increase in legitimate income, but I don't think QPR are going to able to blag selling the naming rights to their ground for £400m.

And if they can't qualify for the CL (should they improve enough with all this cash) is the owner going to stick around?

The FFP rules are fundamentally flawed as all they do is cement ManUre and Real Madrid's respective positions at the top of the football tree. Those teams have spent hundreds of millions of pounds over the last twenty years creating a brand that guarantees them a huge turnover, and hence they can re-invest as necessary.

When someone else wants to spend a similar amount to achieve the same thing all of a sudden it's not allowed?

Then they package it up as a way of protecting clubs like Portsmouth. Did they even get into Europe when they spent that money?

Good luck to QPR and City, and PSG etc. I hope they do displace the complacent old guard at the top of European football.

There are bound to be other ways of preventing teams overspending that don't ensure Utd et al can keep ahead of everyone else.

Maybe we should have went for Laudrup?

No, Lambert is the right man. Doesn't matter who the manager is, the Board Room controls the Money. We need to sell the Dead wood and bring in hungry players who want to succeed.. Plus PL is a better Man Manager than ML. IMO.

Has anyone on here even seen that Cresswell play before? Be honest! I know I haven't. It just seems that a lot of people are mentioning him just because we enquired. I know nobody was saying we should sign him before the story about our enquiry.

To anyone that has actually seen him play (more than once), would he be worth the risk? Do you think he could make the step up? Do you think he'd do a better job than Lichaj?

Has anyone on here even seen that Cresswell play before? Be honest! I know I haven't. It just seems that a lot of people are mentioning him just because we enquired. I know nobody was saying we should sign him before the story about our enquiry.

To anyone that has actually seen him play (more than once), would he be worth the risk? Do you think he could make the step up? Do you think he'd do a better job than Lichaj?

Nope never seen him play, but a deal looks on if warnock goes.

I'll be surprised if QPR survive relegation this year let alone be the club that displaces Man Utd.

That's how City started too. I remember them just surviving one season with Joey Barton their only player worth mentioning, before it all spiralled well for them.

QPR, player by player, have a better shot at keeping themselves in this league in my opinion. And come September, I think they will have equipped themselves even better. Dawson for example, is a very good player and it is not long since Spurs were praising him.

Would you take out a second mortgage and buy your next house before having an offer on your current one?

If I was a billionnaire who had just pocketed another billion I would.

If we can't shift hutton and Warnock will it bankrupt us? It won't be ideal but with the prem money going up this year, finishing higher should cover that issue.

Will sleep very soundly knowing that you dont, and never will have anything to do with the clubs finances. #notaclue

So signing some players without shifting hutton and warnock will bankrupt us? Premiership prize money hasn't gone up this year?

Just listening to Football Weekly podcast - apparently QPR's current wages to turnover ratio is 183%. That's before they've even signed Dawson/Defoe etc...

Thought we were bad....

That's shocking. How on Earth can they keep this up? They remind me of a more extreme version of us under MON. Can see them ending up like Portsmouth.

They are owned buy the Mittal Family. Lakshmi Mittal is worth nearly twice as much as Roman Abramovich.

They can afford it...

It seems that INCOGNITO AVFC is well back...

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

There are risks & costs in action,but the time for action is now.It's never too late to do something.Paul has a plan in place.

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development without effort, and effort means work. Work is taking place. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Success is connected with action.Successful individuals & businesses keep moving forward. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Coming 2gether is the beginning; keeping 2gether is progress; working 2gether is success.If there's no struggle,there is no progress #avfc

Honestly, I do not know what does it mean...

No, Lambert is the right man. Doesn't matter who the manager is, the Board Room controls the Money. We need to sell the Dead wood and bring in hungry players who want to succeed.. Plus PL is a better Man Manager than ML. IMO.

Agreed. Its also worth remembering Lambert LIKES to buy players from lower leagues who are hungry and want to prove themselves. So even given as much money as he wants I strongly doubt he would bring in many PL veterans.

I am fine with this approach but until the team starts clicking it does mean that we are going to look very lightweight.

Hopefully that perception will start to diminish after we thrash Everton 6-0.

It seems that INCOGNITO AVFC is well back...

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

There are risks & costs in action,but the time for action is now.It's never too late to do something.Paul has a plan in place.

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development without effort, and effort means work. Work is taking place. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Success is connected with action.Successful individuals & businesses keep moving forward. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Coming 2gether is the beginning; keeping 2gether is progress; working 2gether is success.If there's no struggle,there is no progress #avfc

Honestly, I do not know what does it mean...

I think it means "please dont moan if we dont sign anyone else".

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Platitudes are the root of all evil.