General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

MM - your alive!!! And well I hope?

Any substance in what I have heard or is it bull?

What you heard ? You might know more than me on transfers

A buddy of mine said we are 'snooping' around a player from Ajax and one from Man City, and then earlier he said a bid had been made for 'someone', which was brilliant info.

I asked about Gudetti and wasnt given straight answer other than Lambert isn't adverse going with what he has forward wise at the moment ! I honestly don't know anymore than what I have alluded to previously . At the moment the prices are high and its like the touts getting near to kick off time think there are a lot waiting for them to drop . You can argue its dangerous game but a lot in the same boat as us .

Cool, fair enough. I personally think we may well be done for the summer and Lambert may be prepared to go with what we have. I think we will be fine if we did that, I believe we can get between 10th-12th easily. What's your thoughts on the current squad? Do you think we Lambert is looking to add or, not so much?

I think mid table at best they think it will take another 2 windows to get us into a Europa position challenge .

That means next season then? Looking to get us where we belong sooner rather than later. Nice action!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine said we are 'snooping' around a player from Ajax and one from Man City, and then earlier he said a bid had been made for 'someone', which was brilliant info.

I asked about Gudetti and wasnt given straight answer other than Lambert isn't adverse going with what he has forward wise at the moment ! I honestly don't know anymore than what I have alluded to previously . At the moment the prices are high and its like the touts getting near to kick off time think there are a lot waiting for them to drop . You can argue its dangerous game but a lot in the same boat as us .

Cool, fair enough. I personally think we may well be done for the summer and Lambert may be prepared to go with what we have. I think we will be fine if we did that, I believe we can get between 10th-12th easily. What's your thoughts on the current squad? Do you think we Lambert is looking to add or, not so much?

I think mid table at best they think it will take another 2 windows to get us into a Europa position challenge .

MM you previously alluded to us raiding SHA for someone, is this still the case?

Doesn't Guidetti have a long term underlying injury problem?

Well, yes and no

He has problem with a nerv in his thigh, it's unclear when he can return to full fitness. Might be 3 weeks, might be 3 months...

I still think he's worth a punt

MM you previously alluded to us raiding SHA for someone, is this still the case?

Nope went nowhere in the end :!:

Doesn't Guidetti have a long term underlying injury problem?

he has a nerve inflammation (sp?) and is out for an unknown period of time, he has neither feeling nor any strength in his right leg. It came from some dodgy food he had.

This was reported in the end of may, im not sure if there has been any updates or if hes back in training.

Id more than love for him to come over to villa, but as the squad is so thin, they better make sure hes 100% before anything is settled...

fwiw i cant see this happening at the mo.

hes pretty good, id take him any day over carrol or any of the other strikers weve been linked with at the moment. He deffinetly has talent, incredibly hungry and i can see him getting alot better in the next couple of years. sure its always gonna be a bit of a gamble but our current economical state doesnt allow us to buy someone whos already a proven PL player, even if we/lambert want us too.

Been watching him in international games and in a few of the dutch games, i personally like his style.

Nope went nowhere in the end :!:

You allowed to say who it was?

Anyone think we should be joining Sunderland in the chase for Defoe? Personally he's a player I've wished we'd sign for a few years.

Too late, should have 2/3 years ago.

At the age of 29 I could see this being just the right time to sign him, as he won't want to be sat on the bench at Spurs and will be eager to play, knowing he has 2-3 years at the top level left.

The wages to Turnover ratio has come right down its almost at 50 percent now .

Great news.

So wages are at a good level. The premier league payouts have improved, our sponsorship deal has improved, our kit deal has improved and our owner has just pocketed $1 billion.

Yet we still seem to be acting like a piss poor second rate club. I really hope this changes over the next couple of weeks. I hope we bring in the young, hungry types on sensible wages, I want Lambert to be given the best chance of building a competitive side.

Yet we still seem to be acting like a piss poor second rate club.

Why do you always take every opportunity to have a go?

Has the transfer window closed, would Lambert have come if he only had 50p to spend?

It's really rather rediculous, what happens on the pitch that matters and spending a shit load doesn't guarantee anything.

Yet we still seem to be acting like a piss poor second rate club.

:shock:

Jesus christ, how about lets wait til the end of the window before making extreme comments?

No Premier League teams have really started spending yet other than Chelsea. Be patient.