General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are incredible - literally.

Moaning that we haven't been after Dempsey and then moaning when we do go for him.

Can't you all just have a day off? It must be tiring being rocket polishers every day of your lives!

I havnt seen 1 single person moan about the attempted signing of Dempsey, unless you saying about it being a PR stunt?

Sounds like you need a day off! :winkold:

Really?! We're obviously reading different web pages then.

All I've seen this morning is people looking for conspiracy theories in everything this club does right now including the attempted signing of

Dempsey.

The majority of these same people are the ones who have been bangin on about us not trying to sign players of his ilk, hence damned if they do and damned if they don't (Villa) - there is no pleasing some people, they're born to moan I'm convinced.

Of course we have money.

Lerner is rich, he has just gained $1 billion and our wage bill is at a fairly low level.

For what ever reason, we are not prepared to spend a decent amount of money on improving an incredibly weak squad.

Lerner might be rich but the club isnt. He doesnt have to spend millions of his own money just so he can please some gobshite on the internet. The money he got from the Browns is his money not Villa's money.

The sense of entitlement among people here is amazing.

THIS!

Lerner has done more than enough for this club with the hundereds of millions he has put into the club, some people are really ungreatful. Why dont you spunk all of your money over and over again and get no results, a bt of perspective jesus.

Why is he putting in that money? Perhaps because he lost control (yes, can you believe it) of finances at the club and has had to put money in to stop the situation getting worse and for us to do a Leeds.

And why might we do a Leeds?

Well, he lost control of the finances, threw money, took out a loan and then when that became too much, way way way along the road, he withdrew all money, sold our best players and didn't give the money to replace them with quality.

And how did he fix this?

He put a manager in charge who had been out of English football for a long time and who had suffered a heart attack and had previously fallen out with big Ego's - and of course, Villa have a lot of those. So, after selling Milner and not giving the money for a decent replacements and by purchasing no players that summer causing the manager to walk (MON) we found ourselves in the shit and nearly relegated, so he had no choice but to pay out £18m for a striker - because relegation would have meant a chance of us going out of business, because our finances were so shit.

Why were the finances shit?

Perhaps because he lost control (yes, can you believe it) of finances at the club and has had to put money in to stop the situation getting worse and for us to do a Leeds.

And why might we do a Leeds?

Well, he lost control of the finances, threw money, took out a loan and then when that became too much, way way way along the road, he withdrew all money, sold our best players and didn't give the money to replace them with quality.

And how did he fix this?

He put a manager in charge who has been relegated twice and also finished third in a two horse race and then had to put more money in to stabilise the club because the finances were shit.

And why are the finances so shit?

He trusted MON without really knowing how to manage a football club. He invested in the trainging ground, Villa park, the history of the club. He was/is a true fan, even though he might not be the most astute football owner.

He made some bad decidions by bringing in Houllier & AMC, and i think that if Houllier hadnt been taken ill again he would have taken us forward back into the top 7/8. but as it happened he got ill, and he wasted another summer getting in AMC - the cheap and easy option. He realised this was a mistake and fixed it.

He has lost millions of pounds through both his fault & that of whoever was managing the wages/fees, weather it be MON , PF, himself, someone **** up. They took a gamble by spending big and on getting into the top 4, didnt work and now they have to rebuild.

If you are not greatful that he took to the challenge on of making us into title challengers, but fell short, then so be it. But i am, and i and very greatful to what he has done to the club. The revenues are up, the groud has never looked better, and in a few years we will be back having another go and the fans who left under AMC will be back.

thats all i have to say, enjoy the rest of your day.

Like a man running for a bus and missing it, Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is doing a good impression of pretending he never wanted Clint Dempsey in the first place. Lambert insists he has faith in hungry and young players from lower divisions to revive the club's fortunes. Lambert said: "It is my decision. Football decisions are mine and I will take responsibility on everything. I know from experience if you don't have the hunger as a footballer, then there is no point in playing the game. With people from the lower leagues, you are giving people opportunities. I have total confidence in them to go and do the business. You trust them to go and do it and they are hungry to do it.

Atleast our club won't be full of prima-donnas who dont want to be there.

and won't mind playing in the Championship as much

Looking at the current squad and the other teams in the prem I cannot see us winning any more than 10 games and drawing 6 with 22 defeats.Some of those defeats will be 5's and 6's too. That gives us 36 points and an awful goal difference which is quite simply alarming. I feel I was also being slightly generous too :?

Unless something spectacular happens in the next 10 hours and 25 mins then I think we must prepare for life in the championship

Its a long time prospect, lets see where we are in a couple of years time. This deadline day thing is hilarious anyway :) It drives up the prices and manager might become superstars for their last minute shopping sprees (Redknap) and its all fun and games. Theres even tv shows for this now, live studio broadcasts :)

Who the f... was the mastermind behind this windows thingy? Think if a big company had to replace ....someno important for their business because that someone got ill and someone came to lets say its apple... no! you have to wait until January, and you cant replace your tpilet cleaning person until then... stupid...

All the window is doing is to help the rich clubs to get further ahead because of inflated prices and wages...

Mancini looking to bring in four or five, well i guess money talks...