General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Oh God now you're bringing up Doug again.

With your hypocrisy over managers it doesn't surprise.

How have I been hypocritical over managers?

Houllier had a much better squad than Mcleish yet when things were bad for both managers it was the players fault to excuse houllier and down to the manager to blame Mcleish.

You also thought any half decent manager could have finished 9th to 13th last year but you don't hold similar expectation to a manger who you think is better with a squad that you think is better.

Back on topic.

We haven't got long left to make sure we don't have a similar season to last one.

Nope, I never said it was entirely the players fault under Houllier nor did I say the manager was entirely to blame under McLeish. In my own opinion I liked what Houllier was trying to implement, he just didn't execute it well in the beginning. Under McLeish however I didn't like what we were doing at all. We would never be a footballing team under him. You may disagree with this and that's fine but just because I have different opinions on different managers doesn't mean I'm hypocritical.

As for Lambert and where we'll finish this season, I already explained that Lambert is completely overhauling the footballing philosophy at the club. That will take time, hence why my expectations are lower than last season. Not having Petrov is a massive blow as well. Throughout the last couple of years our worst spells have almost always coincided with him being out. He was a massive player for us and more important than many realised.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England coach Gary Neville tweets: "What the transfer deadline gives you is a clear indication of which are the badly run football clubs!"

No names though, eh Gaz?

It is the reported fee.

Neil Moxley‏@Neil_Moxley_DM

I've just checked in Belgium. The story he can go is right. 100 per cent. Knew there was something fishy about the rest of it.

Still not sure about the figure, 4m, then 5.5 all-in, then 5.5 all up front. Now 10.6? Can't be...?!

According to Belgian press, it seems there has been a shift at Genk. They decided after last night's game Benteke could go.

Not sure what the fuss is over Benayoun, 5 years too late.

He offers experience, craft and skill that others in the squad don't have. No point having a £30million strikeforce when you have people like Ireland and N'Zogbia 'supplying' them.

Looks like we've hit the panic button if that's the fee for Benteke. Good to see they are backing the manager though - finally.

Fee agreed for 10.6m for Benteke

Why so much?!

Perhaps Big_John_10 decided to back up his moaning about Randy and stumped up the extra cash out of his own pocket to ensure the signing got done

I can't **** believe it. People were on here moaning about how we're not spending much a few hours ago, now that it looks like we've just spent £10m on a striker people are moaning that it's too much.

very true, but I think the fee is in Euros, so what... 7/8m?

I have no problem with the fee.

It's what we should have been doing. Unfortunatey it's too little too late.

Benteke is a good signing for us but it's not enough.

And Mantis I clearly remember your defence of houllier and constant criticism of Mcleish. You don't think it was hypocritical, shock.

who cares how much..PL thinks hes a good player and seems desperate to land him. Hes young.. strong.. bit of pace. and is almost 2 metres tall.

He may become a very good player. Him and Bent upfront.. he will create plenty of room for Bent.

10.6 you're having a piss right? That lad is only worth 3/4 million in my eyes and yes I am Racing Genk s.t. holder.

They (or should I say you?) have us over a barrel on the last day of the window and don't need to sell.

At least it looks like we have got someone in though even if we have to pay over the odds to get him.