General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spirit of all things of a bullsh*tty nature...

One of my bin-dipping colleagues has just skyped me to say "Betting suspended on Adam to Villa".

Make of that what you will.

Just posted on another thread, I think he fits a certain system. At Blackpool he had license to ping balls out to wingers all match long. And he's pretty good at them.

But he's the opposite thing to a possession player, which is what Lambert seems to be trying to instil at Villa (and this is also likely the reason Rodgers doesn't want him in his new possession-based Liverpool team). So I would be surprised if we were in for him.

This is not directed at you John btw, but how many on here would moan if we had signed those Everton players listed? When linked with Gibson this place was full of ridicule for instance.

I think at the time it was because we felt we were better. I think we still felt that we had an owner willing to invest a good amount and that we could attract better.

I see what you're saying and in hindsight we really have missed out on some deals.

And actually I'm pretty confident that in a few years time there will be fans from other teams saying "why didn't we snap up Bennett or Benteke?"

My concern is for the right now though.

I want to see those hungry kids with potential snapped up but I also was hoping it would be balanced out by bringing in more players like KEA and Vlaar so that we're not just relying on potential to see us safe.[/quote]

Big_John I pretty much share your concerns and come the end of the window if we have not added an extra couple of players that are 'ready now' then I believe that it maybe a really tough few months.

But my advice to you is to keep your powder dry - you are raising issues that may already be being addressed by the manager. Until Friday night we will not know what we will be fighting with so til then relax and try to remain positive.

Come Saturday though I have a feeling we may all be extremely unwhelmed with our activity in the transfer market and the relegation thread may become the most used. I sincerely hope not

James Nursery has tweeted that he thinks we will sign a Striker and a DM before tomorrow's deadline.

I think Benteke will be the striker. But who is the DM?

Me too. Hoping they're not counting the young lad from Chesterfield as the striker though...

One of my bin-dipping colleagues has just skyped me to say "Betting suspended on Adam to Villa".

I printscreened this post and folded it into an airplane. Will that suffice?

I printscreened this post and folded it into a airplane. Will that suffice?

:lol: