General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Sky Sports understands Aston Villa have made a bid for Charlton midfielder Dale Stephens. #AVFC #CAFC

If this true its a very worrying sign. Hardly going to keep us up in the Prem quality like that.

Some very very good established premier league players came from outside the holy grail!

Indeed there are, but at the moment we need some experience in the middle as we have enough inexperience in there....looking at wiki (yes I know can be edited) Stephens has only played 82 games...now I'm not saying he isn't going to be a good player or could be just what we need, and if we had more of a squad it could be a very clever signing...but at the moment that is a gamble to build the midfield from lower league

Paul Lambert finished comfortably above us last season with League One and 'Championship duff' players. Bring him in if Lambert thinks he's the right fit. Charlton fans are not very happy on twitter at the moment.

I hope you are right and if he signs for us he will have my backing as will PL but just think we need more quality than this fella, would be more than happy to be proven wring though

we haven't got access to that type of Finance though. All we can do if we get this guy is roar him on - and hope he does this business.

With our current forwards (bent excepted) 7 goals this season would make him a legend !

If this Benteke lad is anything like Lukaku (fairly tenuous link but never mind) he could be a great signing. I was speaking to Steven Reid yesterday and he reckons from what he has seen in training Lukaku will develop into a phenomenal player.

I am intrigued by this signing for the future definitely. But right now, from a Belgian viewpoint, don't expect an immediate impact.

The Belgian Waffle‏@TheBelgianWffle

@EddWalsh Tends to drift out of games if it isn't going his way.

I just think a Premier League move is too early, and if you saw him this weekend, you'll know that he's inconsistent.

4mThe Belgian Waffle‏@TheBelgianWffle

I like Benteke, right to start him vs Holland on form. He's incredibly raw and not the player Villa need to drag them out of their mess

11mThe Belgian Waffle‏@TheBelgianWffle

So Birmingham Mail running with RTBF Benteke Villa rumour from earlier. Still think it would be a mistake. Mostly for Villa.

@HFDSP Completely agree on that. I can't say how much I like Benteke, but for that reason and his attitude, I fear Villa is a bad move.

2mHFDSP‏@HFDSP

@TheBelgianWffle He would get slaughtered by English media for his lack of cutting edge in front of goal.

Retweeted by The Belgian Waffle

I would like to point out that I am happy with this signing. Just interesting views for a debate.

I appreciate that we should of course take into account the opinion of the locals but if there is one thing that I think we can trust Lambert with it's signing good cheap-ish players (El Ahmadi and Vlaar are both very promising for us).

Very true Bose. I totally agree & I have complete faith in Lambert's ability to spot a quality player & help us progress going forward. I do feel we need a few experienced faces in as well though. We need some leadership in the middle.

I would look at Huddlestone; I think he has the experience that we can afford.

I like the way he is going. Young, vibrant players who are hungry to play for our great club. I would like a few experienced faces in though to provide us with a solid base. I can't say I know that much about Dale Stephens, but he again sounds promising. However, I am a little concerned that we will still be bullied on the pitch. I actually wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Frimpong.

The signing of Benteke sounds very promising. The type of player i think we should be looking to bring in.

Hopefully can bring in a decent lb and another attacking player.

The next few days could be interesting.

I read, and re-read your post, and I'm pretty sure it was all positive! ;-)

That's the spirit!!

UTV!!!

Found this video on youtube whilst digging a little deeper on Benteke. I looked for the highlights of this game as I saw in his history that he scored 2 and assisted with 1 in the 3-0 win. The video is 9 mins long if you have time to watch it all.

Genk v Club Brugge 26.2.12

Personally I think it shows he's a very raw talent, not sure he'd hit the ground running in the Prem and may have the crowd on his back before he's given a chance, but in Lambert we trust. Oh and he doesn't look like a Lukaku sort of 6'3" big striker. Lukaku is very skilful and explosively fast. Benteke looks good in the air though!

The signing of Benteke sounds very promising. The type of player i think we should be looking to bring in.

That's the spirit!!

UTV!!!

:lol:

It hasn't all been wiped out of me just yet.

That's the spirit!!

UTV!!!

:lol:

It hasn't all been wiped out of me just yet.

I know at the end of the day mate that you are just passionate about our club!

Very true Bose. I totally agree & I have complete faith in Lambert's ability to spot a quality player & help us progress going forward. I do feel we need a few experienced faces in as well though. We need some leadership in the middle.

I would look at Huddlestone; I think he has the experience that we can afford.

Personally i'd steer well clear of Huddlestone. Sure he's got a great shot and can pick a hollywood pass now and again but neither of which are going to be a regular thing. Other than those attributes he's a bit of a liabilty/passenger in midfield which we really could do without, and this is without mentioning he hasn't got the greatest fitness record.

One things for sure reading all the posts here so many people have differing opinions on potential players. One thing is for sure (well pretty likely) is that were not going to sign a player that everyone is happy with.

Fingers crossed the current players and any potential players who ever they may be, click soon and play how Lambert wants them to.