General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lets just sign a target man and Pump it up to him.. Why Not?

Like Everton are doing now? Yes please. Like we did with Carew at his peak? Yes please.

Last season is misleading as we had the worlds most ineffective target man doing the job. With the right player it can be effective and fairly good to watch.

Yeah lets just sign a target man and Pump it up to him.. Why Not?

Like Everton are doing now? Yes please. Like we did with Carew at his peak? Yes please.

Last season is misleading as we had the worlds most ineffective target man doing the job. With the right player it can be effective and fairly good to watch.

When spurs finished 4th they were very direct with balls to crouch.

Being direct is fine as long as it's the right thing to do against the opposition you're playing. We're not going to play like Arsenal so we're going to need to have the ability to mix it up a bit.

We need a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C.

I trust Lambert 100%

I trust Lerner a lot lot lot less.

Why?

Hiring Mcleash is reason enough not to trust Lerner. I'm not sure he realises how poor our squad actually is.

Disagree entirely - Lerner has done a massive amount for the club, he **** up by hiring McLeish but people make mistakes. I'm not going to hold some sort of pathetic grudge - he sacked him, he's gone, he's hired Lambert and now we're moving on. I suggest you do too.

you carnt learn from a mistake unless you make a mistake,i think randy has invested in proven striker in bent to paper over the midfield cracks,paying a top striker is cheaper than 3 top midfield players,sorry but again we still have not filled in voids left from milner/barry/downin/young.i like the lambert thing but but i dont feel bannan/delph/etc are good enough for the prem. time will tell..i hope i eat my words i really do

Did Downing not replace Barry who was in turn replaced by N'Zogbia and you could argue Bent replaced Milner. So its only Young not replaced.

Sorry, but Adam Johnson is a quality player. If he was playing for any other team he would be providing assist after assist. Don't think he'll come to Villa, just another idiot player who can't see past his salary, but he's undoubtedly better than any player currently at Villa.

would he? he doesnt cross or pass to assist. only thing i could think would work on his total would be Bent getting his rebounds or deflections

Agree

Johnson is a match of the day player, swp mkII, they'll show a snip of him megging someone or a nice little flick or turn before he hits a shit cross or tries one trick too many or gets greedy and then even worse (and the reason Mancini doesn't rate him) he's lazy

England game last week summed him up, brilliant on the highlights but anyone who watched the full 90 will tell you he was ineffective for half the game and left walker exposed constantly

If he goes to Sunderland there'll be outbursts left right and centre on here and I really don't see the fuss, the kid who has gone to Liverpool from heerenveen looks a bigger miss IMO

This for me, Johnson is greedy and wastes as many opportunities as he creates, trying one trick or dribble too many rather than passing to a team mate in a better position.

Maybe that's because he feels the need to impress given the quality of the squad he's amongst but if we're going to spend the amount of money required to get him I'd much rather try and get Milner back.

Lets wait till the last day to bid for Messi and Ronaldo as well yeah?

Now, now, remember we were top of Europe 2 years before Adebayor was born.

Im sure he'd love to reduce his wages by 60-70% for the honour of fighting in the relegation battle for a club he has no connection with.