General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, Morpheus, your avatar is rather special

Ta mate. Have had several comments about it reminding fellow VT's of their x wives. I'm still trying to get their phone numbers.

Is that Redknapp in your avatar? :winkold:

On a side note, Morpheus, your avatar is rather special

Ta mate. Have had several comments about it reminding fellow VT's of their x wives. I'm still trying to get their phone numbers.

Is that Redknapp in your avatar? :winkold:

I'm looking at iron my phone, is it Amy Winehouse?

Don't see the point in Charlie Adam when we have that type of player, arguably with more potential, in Barry Bannan. Coming round to the idea of Carroll though. Carroll, Johnson and a LB would represent great business.
Adam would be a surprising one for me. We do need a midfielder, and we also need a left back

I think Cresswell is going to come in, Lambert seems to be pursuing that one. Even if it may be right on the deadline.

And I think two attacking players are going to come in, I'm not sure who though but I get the impression Lambert will not settle for just anyone.

I think Adam is the anti Lambert signing. He wants young and hungry who will be disciplined and very hard working. Adam is a skilled player but he doesnt have any of those other characteristics.

The more I think about it the more Carroll could make some sense. I still doubt we are in for him but the idea of adding a battering ram alongside a rapier like Bent could work. Guess we will find out.

I'd definitely have Charlie Adam at Villa. He was awesome for Blackpool. We'd finally have a decent set piece taker too! He's only 26, he'd be a great option if we could get him.

I'd have Carroll here as well. Not sticking up for players like N'Zogbia but I think having someone like Carroll in the team would definitely help. At the moment, N'Zogbia runs with the ball, tries to take on the world and loses it. It must be hard for a midfielder or winger when the only player you have to aim for is Bent. Carroll is obviously a big target and if crosses are flying in left, right and centre he will cause all sorts of problems, as well as leaving opportunities for Bent to pounce. Bent was quality at Sunderland when he had a big man up there with him (Kenwyne Jones). Not only that, Carroll is decent at holding the ball up, which would allow Ireland to get involved more.

Shame it's only twitter bullshit!

I think Adam is the anti Lambert signing. He wants young and hungry who will be disciplined and very hard working. Adam is a skilled player but he doesnt have any of those other characteristics.

He's only mid 20's, he just looks 40, so he's still young. As for being hungry, well the guy looks like he enjoys a pie or two but Liverpool probably tell him not to, so I bet he's bloody starving.

He's only mid 20's, he just looks 40, so he's still young. As for being hungry, well the guy looks like he enjoys a pie or two but Liverpool probably tell him not to, so I bet he's bloody starving.

lol. Ok he has two of the four then.

Surprised so many folks want him here. He is a dirtier player than Hutton imho.

Having Johnson, adams and Carroll would make us into a good squad.

And more than likely haemorrhaging money again...

Adam is on £65.000 at Liverpool

Carrol on £60.000-90.000

and Adam Johnson is on £ 85.000 at City

Even if you take the figures with a pinch of salt, how much would those players be willing to decrease their wages for the honour of playing at Aston villa?

I bet if we had Michael Bradley in the side against West Ham, the result would have been better.

What a **** shame we got rid of him. Now he's on Roma, FFS.

:x

No pace, he wasn't up to the PL, he'd have been just as crap on Saturday.

First and foremost we need a LB - Warnock is obviously not going to play now.

Second priority for me is a winger, who can get forward and deliver a cross

Thirdly, a big striker. Not to hoof to but to have the capacity of holding the ball up and allowing the midfield to catch up and join the attack. It'd also be nice to have a striker that can physically challenge defences.

After that, another CM would be welcomed.

LB - Bennet, Cresswell or some European gem selected by Henke

Winger - Phillips, Johnson, Brahimi (loan swap for Makoun?)

Striker - Carroll, Jones, Toivonan

additional CM - N'Zonzi, Huddlestone or a Henke pick!

Any combination of those for me would greatly improve the squad IMO.

Half expect at least another signing in before Everton at home on Saturday.

First and foremost we need a LB - Warnock is obviously not going to play now.

Second priority for me is a winger, who can get forward and deliver a cross

Thirdly, a big striker. Not to hoof to but to have the capacity of holding the ball up and allowing the midfield to catch up and join the attack. It'd also be nice to have a striker that can physically challenge defences.

After that, another CM would be welcomed.

LB - Bennet, Cresswell or some European gem selected by Henke

Winger - Phillips, Johnson, Brahimi (loan swap for Makoun?)

Striker - Carroll, Jones, Toivonan

additional CM - N'Zonzi, Huddlestone or a Henke pick!

Any combination of those for me would greatly improve the squad IMO.

Half expect at least another signing in before Everton at home on Saturday.

I was just about to write a similar piece. A left back and winger are essential, a striker would be key and I would like a CM as well. At the moment I'm just hoping for the first two

I bet if we had Michael Bradley in the side against West Ham, the result would have been better.

What a **** shame we got rid of him. Now he's on Roma, FFS.

:x

Love it! Can we just accept that he weren't suited to the English game and move on. The guy showed absolutely nothing while he was with us.