General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't they go out on load first and see how they do? Thinking you can just put in him the squad with just a few first team games (5-6?) and think he will do better than what we already have is silly thinking.

Well after CNZ performance today, I would say Carruthers deserves a chance to start. He has said all he wants to do is play first team football, give the kid a chance..

Fair enough, yet he has a lot to prove. I don't expect just one or two good performances from N'Zogbia. He needs to string a few together and prove that he's good enough. Right now I'm still not convinced that he's going to be able to recapture his form from Wigan. Hopefully he will prove me wrong...

I'm with the people that would like to see Carruthers given a run in the first team though. N'Zogbia shouldn't be untouchable.

We nave a poor squad. We know it and every one else knows it. There is no getting away from it, we are not very good.

You can change the manager over and over again and it wont make a difference if you don't invest some proper money in the playing squad.

We nave a poor squad. We know it and every one else knows it. There is no getting away from it, we are not very good.

You can change the manager over and over again and it wont make a difference if you don't invest some proper money in the playing squad.

Changing manager does make a difference. You're right about the squad but I'm confident Lambert can get better results and performances out of the players than McLeish ever good.

That said, there's only so far you can go with the squad. Obviously needs work.

Tbh Lambert was going ape at a couple of the players today who where just mouching around when they should have the urgency to get us back in the game (CNZ was one I think).... Won't be long until he's out if he keeps that up and tbh he wont get to go to a bigger club than the once he's at atm!

Let's be fair though danceoftheshamen, Petrov and Cuellar are the only real losses out of those that have left/are leaving/ill

Hear you Mantis i really do & i would agree apart from one thing..We haven't replaced some of those as it stands at all.... Something is better than nothing.

Vlaar looks great & i like to look of KEA... so lets say Petrov & Cuellar have been replaced as has Hutton with Lowton & Heskey with Holman? Still leaves us down on experience & numbers for me.

Love what Lambo is doing though please don't get me wrong.. & clearly the window has not closed yet... simply stating as it stands we are short in my opinion.... We need Gabby & Dunne back, a new LB & some creativity from somewhere plus a back up/alternative option to Bent

Think we got sold a Lemon, when we bought Noggy.

I just dont understand why he is incapable of doing This In a Villa shirt

bugger me we have bought enough lemons in recent times to feed a lemonade factory.

bugger me we have bought enough lemons in recent times to feed a lemonade factory.

That video makes me even more baffled as to how N'Zogbia hasn't actually done anything for us in the entire time we've had him. It's almost as if he's lost all of his talent :|

Can't handle not being the "best" player at his club? At Wigan, just about the whole team would make every effort to give him the ball once in the attacking third. In a team with other players expecting service and opportunities with the ball, maybe can't manage quite as much.

That video makes me even more baffled as to how N'Zogbia hasn't actually done anything for us in the entire time we've had him. It's almost as if he's lost all of his talent :|

Almost as if he got a big money move and stopped caring.

Good little vid that. Whenever Zoggy plays for us he seems to get crowded out very quickly, but in that vid he has a good deal of space to run in to.

I think when the players get to grips with PL, we'll see more intelligent off the ball running to draw defenders away, leaving more room for the likes of Zog to exploit once more.

Wigan was obviously his level. He was dire at Newcastle too.

No he wasn't, Wigan paid 7 million for him.

What annoys me about him is the amount of times he tries to beat 3 or 4 players, and inevitably loses it. He seems to get the ball too far from goal.

We were completely blunt in the final third.

I would certainly hope that we see a forward, central player and wide/creative player come in.

It would be interesting to see what Henke has up his sleeve.

Interesting fact: All his goals he scored for Wigan in the 10-11 season came against opponents that got relegated and one against everton. Even his assists came against lesser opponents minus that one against Manure. There was talks that N'Zogbia was inconsistent when we were in for him but maybe it's not that he is inconsistent. Instead maybe he can only produce against clubs with less talent. That is what it seems like. For us though, he is just terrible all the time.

2 goals in 30 league appearances for Villa as a winger is awful.