General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Well Dempsey is now completely refusing to play for Fulham and has been fined for breach of contract. He's burnt his bridges there now with the idea of playing for Liverpool. Martin Jol has said that Liverpool haven't made an offer. I'm not so sure they will either with the players they have bought. Before this happened I would have said there's no chance of signing him but he's going to have to move somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing. However he will end up at the Scousers no matter what tripe they spin!

What if they don't want him though? Cole is being given a second chance at plop and don't both Dempsey and Cole play in the same position?

Maybe they'll wait until just before the transfer window shuts before making their move in the hope of getting him on the cheap but it would be worth our while to dip our toe in the water a little to see if Dempsey would come here? I'm sure Jol is more than a little pissed off at plop unsettling his player and might want to sell him to someone else?

To be honest i'd love us to sign Dempsey just to see how 'Wiggy' would react? :lol:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong, Id need a nappy if I so much as thought he would be coming here!

Its just that we have seen this before with the Scousers. Theres a few more derisory bids to go yet, just to keep his appitite wetted.

They will be a better proposition for him, so whilst this goes on we will have no chance!

Depending on what's available and if we really want to make a statement of intent then there are probably three quality players available that would push us into the top 8 this season. Carroll, Johnson and Dempsey.

Carroll on loan for this season with his fee being deferred until next season plus loan fee and Johnson and Dempsey, costing around 22m. We would also have to add a LB to that.

Not stating for one minute that Randy would make that kind of money available plus the wages but thats the type of ambition needed to push us on quickly. We could off set that with the sale of Gabby to MON who if he knew Gabby was available might very well pay close to 7m for him as a cheaper option than Fletcher from Wolves.

Like Dempsey a lot, but theres nothing like 'refusing to play and breach of contract etc' to put you off a player.

Aye, but there is nothing like Liverpool toying with a player's mind, we know more than anybody else. I'll see how this plays out before making judgement on the character of Dempsey.

Like Dempsey a lot, but theres nothing like 'refusing to play and breach of contract etc' to put you off a player.

1 good season last year and now his billy bollocks.

I read some stat that in the last 3 years, Dempsey was only behind Rooney and RVP in goals scored. He has been a consistent goal getting for quite a few seasons now. He knows he is in the prime of his career and wants to move up. He makes less that 60k a week at fulham and probably thinks he deserves more, which I'd agree with based on his abilities.

I read some stat that in the last 3 years, Dempsey was only behind Rooney and RVP in goals scored. He has been a consistent goal getting for quite a few seasons now. He knows he is in the prime of his career and wants to move up. He makes less that 60k a week at fulham and probably thinks he deserves more, which I'd agree with based on his abilities.

It's hard to square that sort of argument with football fans though. Dempsey earns more money in one week than the average annual wage in this country. Poor him, we really share in his pain.

I personally think he's a complete word removed.

Can't argue with that. Its just his ethics that I'd question, which in this day and age is probably too old-fashioned a view.

I can think of many mediocre players probably earning twice what dempsey earns half of them are not fit to lace the guys boots

Don't blame it if he wants out tbh its what football is like nowadays zero loyalty but he's after one last payday

No way he will come to Villa if he moves on it will be a CL club

Yeah for the people that keep mentioning the lack of signings, looks take a trip back in history:

08/09 Summer Window:

Milner 12 million 29/08

09/10 Summer Window:

Warnock 7 million 26/08

Collins 5 million 1/09

Dunne 5 million 1/09

And last season we also had quite a lot of movement on the last day, so chill out for now because it is coming. Add to that, the further we go into the window the more signings top teams will make and that could displace some of their fringe players, freeing up more possible transfers. Sit back and enjoy.

That proves naff all. Note how that is all under 1 manager when Randy was trying his luck at getting Champs league as soon as - or within the 4/5 year plan or whatever it was. What happened in MONs final window, what happened in McLeish's window? (summer windows).... I kinda get the feeling that our guys think we will be ok to go with what we have... We might be being left behind though.