General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's highly likely that Ramírez will flop in this league, especially at a team like Southampton. I wouldn't get too jealous.

Why is it?

Ok 'highly' is maybe a bit too far. I just think there's always a big risk attached to players like Ramírez.

He hasn't had a huge amount of caps for Uruguay, he has only had two seasons in Italian football. Also, the Italian league isn't exactly strong any more. So he's hardly a top, proven player.

There's no guarantee that he'll do well, Southampton know that they've taken a big gamble given the money spent on him. It's certainly not a signing that I'm looking at and thinking 'I wish' that was us.

who's Gaston Ramirez?

Big talent, plays for Bologna .. Played for Uruguay at the olympics, scored a stunning free kick. the type of player we should have been looking at. Spurs and Liverpool were interested.

How do you know we haven't looked at him?

who's Gaston Ramirez?

Big talent, plays for Bologna .. Played for Uruguay at the olympics, scored a stunning free kick. the type of player we should have been looking at. Spurs and Liverpool were interested.

I don't just taking a guess, Doubt we would spend that much on 1 player.

who's Gaston Ramirez?

I don't just taking a guess, Doubt we would spend that much on 1 player.

Yeah - i keep thinking we might, but I guess we are a window away from that at the mo

How have so many people saw Ramirez a player who plays for Bologna who are barely ever televised and a player who rarely starts for Uruguay (who I follow). He's not good enough to start for Tottenham/Liverpool and although its a coup for Southampton there is no guarantee he will succeed. He's very lightweight and and gets kicked about enough in Serie A it seems, let alone in England.

From what I've seen of him for Uruguay and the odd game for Bologna he's not even half the player someone like Suarez is and for £12m you can get better players. Fair play to Southampton though, an ambitious but risky move, something we can't really afford (not that they can either).

Southampton signing Ramirez. That club is fur coat no knickers. They need to balance better. It reminds me of Middlesbrough having Juninho in the same side as Phil Stamp; and they went down.

I'm a little bit worried about our squad this season. Someone tell me we are going to be alright please!

Of course we'll be fine. And in 2 weeks we'll be positively flying!

Ramirez could go like Viana, Anderson, Postiga even Lucas(was a brilliant playmaker before being moved back) as a top young talent who arived in Premier LEague too early.

His stats of 8 goals and 4 assists last season isnt that impressive if he tore up Serie A