General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steph Houghton, replacement for Warnock?

@ITK TRANSFER: 'Hearing #AVFC looking to sign Steph Houghton after the Olympics.'

:o

Great news :P

We could do with the Brazilian lady 'Rosana' too.

what about Royston Drenthe on a free?

On his day, he is a good player but far too inconsistent. He is free which is tempting but I imagine he'd expect decent wages for his services which isn't worth it.

Don't think we need work about signing players with that sort of attitude under Lambert.

Something that surprises me with Lambert is that he hasn't at any stage of his managerial career signed players from Germany considering he played there and did his coaching bages there. He clearly is happy to shop abroad as we are seeing this summer I would have just assumed the German market/game would be one he knew well.

This isn't a criticism just an observation really.

I don't know why we keep going down the Milner path, he ain't coming back, his wages are astronomical. He's won a Championship medal, why exactly would he come to us for?

Sensible words Sikh

I love how the idea of him "coming home" keeps cropping up, yeah right ! A pig just flew past my window

Was it wearing a suit?

I don't know why we keep going down the Milner path, he ain't coming back, his wages are astronomical. He's won a Championship medal, why exactly would he come to us for?

Sensible words Sikh

I love how the idea of him "coming home" keeps cropping up, yeah right ! A pig just flew past my window

Was it wearing a suit?

No it was on its way to the sty for a midweek bout of mud wrestling ;)

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

@APB1979 yeah it is true Alan Hutton could be off to Stoke #SCFC . Think all parties hoping it will happen! (& #AVFC fans!!!)

To sum up on Milly: if the finacial markets takeoff or "fly" in Portugal, Italy, Greece & Spain "PIGS", we get to sign Milner back?

perhaps someone can make a call to Cameron, Merv King, ohh and don't forget the future King. Can you tell them to get the Pigs flying again as we want Milly back please?

Drenthe has attitude but bags of ability. He quietly made an impact at Everton last season. I wouldn't be against him coming here. We were in for him way back in the last U21s when Liverpool bought Babel. Then Real decided to use him to fill their bench. He's a bit too similar to N'Zogbia in all aspects though for me so I'm not sure it's that good a fit. A temperamental, gifted, flair left winger who can win games or not be bothered on occasion.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

@APB1979 yeah it is true Alan Hutton could be off to Stoke #SCFC . Think all parties hoping it will happen! (& #AVFC fans!!!)

Blimey, just back online after a 'extended' break and this pops up!!

Sweet joy