General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Carroll is not shit, we'd be falling over ourselves with joy if we'd signed him 18 months ago.

He just doesn't suit Liverpool's style and even less now with Rodgers.

I 'd take him in a heartbeat but could never see it happening.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll is not shit, we'd be falling over ourselves with joy if we'd signed him 18 months ago.

Not even on loan?

If he's available, I could see Villa being Liverpool's preferred option due to the potential for paying a large fee if it worked out and preferable to Carroll due to the size of the club.

Really? Speak for yourself, I've never particularly rated him, not even at is best when he was at Newcastle. I'm not suggesting he's shit per se, but he's not exactly a player I'd want to see at Villa, and that's ignoring the whole beating up his girlfriend episode.

I just don't think he's all that consistent. When he's good, he's good, but nothing special. The rest of the time he wins some headers but that's about it.

What's that striker in the dutch league....swedish bloke...Toivenen ? Plays for PSV if i remember rightly. Seen a few clips of him....seems to be able to put himself about plenty.

No links to any interest from anywhere but could be worth a punt.

Anyone else know who i mean ?

Sorry to say it, but i think us getting carroll would make a lot of sense. He doesnt fit the 'liverpool' mould, but would be a brilliant partner for bent if we cant get any extra creativity in the midfield.

Redscouse will want to get money back on the deal, so makes sense to send him to us to raise his price. At present they wouldnt get more than 15m for him, but a good season at us, and youre asking for 20-25m again.

As long as he scores us goals that gets us up the table, then yeah, definitely. Much better than grant holt.

Carroll is a good player in the right system and formation dont think Villa is that side in fairness, his best at Newcastle was when barton played him a lot of crosses. If he played for Stoke he would bang in 15 goals a season regularly

Carroll would be a nightmare off the pitch, he really does have that many enemies. He lives not far from me and ever since he moved into that house he's had security posted outside the house 24 hours a day. Even Steven Gerrard only managed that for a month or so after the break-in

Carroll would be a nightmare off the pitch, he really does have that many enemies. He lives not far from me and ever since he moved into that house he's had security posted outside the house 24 hours a day. Even Steven Gerrard only managed that for a month or so after the break-in

Oh and there was me thinking he had sorted himself out off the pitch since moving down to Liverpool. Are the security people there to keep people out or him in? :)

On reflection I've changed my mind, despite his ability we don't need any more of that type of character at the club.

Re Carroll: I just don't see enough benefit to justify a deal whether permanent or on loan.

If we buy him and it doesn't work out, it's another drain on our wage bill that has handicapped us enough in the last 2 years. Plus if stories are to be believed about his social life, he sounds like the sort of piss-head that we've been desperately trying to get out of our club.

A loan deal simply helps Liverpool by a) Saving them best part of £60k per week in wages B) Putting him in the 'shop window' for them and c) Potentially 'training him up' for them to use to full effect next season.

Another reservation about Carroll is the type of football that we would need to play to play to his strengths, we desperately need to move away from percentage football if we are going to try and get closer to the top sides in England, and dare I say Europe.

I don't see a striker as a top priority this summer to be honest, we're still in need of a LB, and 2 CB's which in my opinion is way more important than another striker. Especially if Gabby will be played as an actual striker this season, along with Weimann (Who this will be a very interesting season for IMO).

I just don't see how a Bent-Carroll partnership would work. Bent needs a Beardsley/Sheringham type alongside him IMO.

Completely agree. Look what a difference Robbie Keane made when he came in last season.

The idea of Collins hoofing it up to Carroll all afternoon fills me with instant dread. I hope neither of them are with us come September.

I'm going to guess that this season we will be playing very similarly to the way England did in the Euro's this summer - direct football, getting the ball in the fiinal third quickly and high pressing and work ethic.

I do hope not. I don't blame Hodgson for playing that way under the circumstances but it wasn't pretty and I'm hoping for something a little more progressive from Lambert. I think he is too judging by his own comments about 'playing the right way'.