Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

Not so fast, apparently the guy who broke the KEA news is saying the Brahimi deal is still on, but Rennes are holding out for more money...

Fingers crossed, I think there's hope for this one still, too much smoke for there to be no fire.

yawn. Who is claiming they broke the KAE story? let me guess its mini beest or some jack off like that

I see Elia going to Werder Bremen and not West Ham. Your talksport ITK is a bullshitter :P

yawn. Who is claiming they broke the KAE story? let me guess its mini beest or some jack off like that

did you not say we we're signing brahimi?

no swerbs i have never mentioned brahimi. but i did mention lambert being first choice whilst peeps were creaming over ole gunnar. i did say guzan will sign a new deal. i did say the clyne deal was off. I knew about lowton but everyone on vt shot me down. I know about ramis. I also know what you did last summer

did you not say we we're signing brahimi?

no swerbs i have never mentioned brahimi. but i did mention lambert being first choice whilst peeps were creaming over ole gunnar. i did say guzan will sign a new deal. i did say the clyne deal was off. I knew about lowton but everyone on vt shot me down. I know about ramis. I also know what you did last summer

I love hindsight.

Quasi-racist bullshit.

oh FFS.

Quasi-moronic comment.

Hate to break it to you dear but "most of our players need to be from this country" is the same thing as "most of our players cannot be from other countries" and is a borderline racist argument.

Sounds like it might have been a false rumour which many of us bought into. That is the peril of Twitter though, no smoke without fire is less valid with Twitter as smoke is so easy to come by on there and can come from any course and spiral into a trend!

I hope there is something in it, I think a young player with some skills will get the bums of seats and in the limited coverage any of us have seen of him he does look to have that type of style, and we need some flair in our team for sure.

Quasi-racist bullshit.

oh FFS.

Quasi-moronic comment.

Hate to break it to you dear but "most of our players need to be from this country" is the same thing as "most of our players cannot be from other countries" and is a borderline racist argument.

No, no it's not.

It's hysterical responses like yours that make me so furious about the loony political correctness that has swamped our society over the last 10 years.

It is a perfectly valid argument to suggest that a team may be stronger with a spine of home grown players. Of course it doesn't always bear true, but a reasonable stance for someone to take without having the term racist bandied about.

Frankly I find your accusation incredibly offensive and if I was the OP it was aimed at would have been absolutely furious. I mainly just lurk these threads but outrageous statements like the one you have made make me incandescent. I am afraid you are talking utter, utter shite.

I hope you sleep on it and come back and retract your comment tomorrow.

It's genuinely so strange to hear about us going for young foreign starlets. I love it!!

Yes just as long as the core of the team remains British. this is important in my opinion.

I couldn't give a stuff where they came from as long as they are good, improve us and enable us to compete a lot higher up the table

Absolutely I agree but for this to happen the majority of the squad should dare I say "need" to be British. This is a British club competing in a British league. To fill the team with a smorgasboard of nationalities cannot help team bonding.

The National Front called and left a message.

"Welcome to 1981."

Clearly a team doesn't need to be British to do well. Just look at Man City's current side or Arsenal's invincibles.

On the other hand, saying you want to see British players in the side isn't racist, being British isn't a race.

You could argue it is xenophobic to not want too many foreign nationals but you can also say people like cheering on home grown heroes.

There's nothing wrong with cheering on homegrown players, if the team forms naturally that way then so be it. I think some sort of enforcement would be detrimental to the club, actively looking for home-grown players even though there are better options from abroad would make progression much tougher.

Clearly a team doesn't need to be British to do well. Just look at Man City's current side or Arsenal's invincibles.

On the other hand, saying you want to see British players in the side isn't racist, being British isn't a race.

You could argue it is xenophobic to not want too many foreign nationals but you can also say people like cheering on home grown heroes.

But if they're bought in they're not really home grown?

I too like the idea of having a "British" core. But as we well know, it's a very expensive way to do it unless your academy produces those of the required talent. Perhaps Given/Clark/Baker/Gardner/Bent can give us a spine and we might have a couple more like Carruthers and Johnson to add to that.

But more than anything, I just want the best team possible. If that means a team full of "Johnny Foreigner" then so be it....

(Yes I am aware I include Irish internationals)

Â