Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

We've already got a selfish winger in N'Zog and I rather we played him and our youth products Albrighton and Carruthers than bring in another. Not to mention Holman can do a job out wide too, so I'd say we're pretty covered in that area.

I'd be devestated if we started the season relying on try hard albrighton and an attacking player signed by mcleish who looks like another nothing try hard.

I think you're being extremely harsh on Holman describing him as 'another nothing try hard' You haven't even seen him play!

Maybe it would be best to see him play before you decide he's not good enough?

Yes, let's write Holman off before we've seen him play and since when is "try hard" an insult?

I bet you didn't call Albrighton silly names in 10/11.

How sure are we that there is definite interest on our parts? Would love to see a bums off seats player at Villa again.

Think someone mentioned in the transfer speculation that his agent is supposed to be over here in talks , so who knows .

How sure are we that there is definite interest on our parts? Would love to see a bums off seats player at Villa again.

Think someone mentioned in the transfer speculation that his agent is supposed to be over here in talks , so who knows .

Let's hope so, a loan deal with an option to buy and it's not even a gamble really.

Nothing like Young looking at this
as he stays on his feet, passes the ball and hits the net more than row z :lol:

To be honest, he looks quite the **** player!

Sign him up!

Nothing like Young looking at this
as he stays on his feet, passes the ball and hits the net more than row z :lol:

To be honest, he looks quite the **** player!

Sign him up!

This, a million times over!

We've already got a selfish winger in N'Zog and I rather we played him and our youth products Albrighton and Carruthers than bring in another. Not to mention Holman can do a job out wide too, so I'd say we're pretty covered in that area.

I'd be devestated if we started the season relying on try hard albrighton and an attacking player signed by mcleish who looks like another nothing try hard.

I think you're being extremely harsh on Holman describing him as 'another nothing try hard' You haven't even seen him play!

Maybe it would be best to see him play before you decide he's not good enough?

People on this forum who have seen him play on a regular basis described him as a player with limited technical ability who will run and run all day. I have no problem with him in the squad and having a chance during the season but I think it's important we go and sign a decent winger this summer.

Yes, let's write Holman off before we've seen him play and since when is "try hard" an insult?

I bet you didn't call Albrighton silly names in 10/11.

Try hards not really an insult. Some fans are over the moon watching a player run around all day. For me though one of the most boring aspects of last season was watching players run but look technically abysmal with a ball at their feet. Marc Albrighton was the worst culprit for this IMO and I'm just bored of watching him.

He started off under houllier well but even during the last 3rd of that season he had started to fade once the opposition realised how limited and predictable a player he is.

We have one of the best finishers in the prem. To once again limit his service to average players would be a crime and I'm pretty confident Lambert won't let that happen.

People on this forum who have seen him play on a regular basis described him as a player with limited technical ability who will run and run all day. I have no problem with him in the squad and having a chance during the season but I think it's important we go and sign a decent winger this summer.

It's not often I agree with Big John....

... but he's right.

Holman can do many things, but he is not a winger and should not be played there. We really could use another wide man.

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Signing expected at Villa shortly. I believe it is Yaccine Brahimi . #avfc

99% sure it's bull crap but you never know after yesterdays rumours of his agent being in Birmingham.

So presume then that thi signing was Lowton thus proving that whoever this is knows **** all.

Really hope we sign this lad, just 22, looks like he is very talented and for £2.5 million, this could be the cheap foreign signing that turns out to be a star we dream of making.

Can not help but feel its just a rumour though or his agent stirring up interest..

Â