Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

In lambert we trust

So we are to place our trust in a manager before we see how he performs at our club?

Let's hope the fact that Tin Tin is gone doesn't cloud our judgement to the extent that we all suffer from blind faith.

In lambert we trust

So we are to place our trust in a manager before we see how he performs at our club?

Let's hope the fact that Tin Tin is gone doesn't cloud our judgement to the extent that we all suffer from blind faith.

I'd call it giving a new manager a chance. PL deserves a little while before some spout off with 'told you so' and/or hindsight wisdom. :winkold:

In lambert we trust

until he proves we shouldnt do that's EXACTLY what we should do

In lambert we trust

Definately! This time we have secured a manager who arrives at the club with a very promising track record of being successful at what he does and the real potential to take us onwards and upwards. That's a bit different to the last appointment.

I would be amazed if he even comtemplated selling Bent but IMO everyone is for sale at the right price.

EDIT: I said upon wathcing the video that to me he looks like he can be even better than Ashley Young, genuinely seems to have a super fast working football brain. The way I saw him skip around and in between players with turn and movement I don't think Ash is capable of, he's not scared to have a quick powerful shot either!

In lambert we trust

Definately! This time we have secured a manager who arrives at the club with a very promising track record of being successful at what he does and the real potential to take us onwards and upwards. That's a bit different to the last appointment.

I would be amazed if he even comtemplated selling Bent but IMO everyone is for sale at the right price.

I disagree. I think PL would have told Randy who he wanted to stay at all costs...then everyone else would be available at the right price.

On the other hand, if someone came in with a £25m bid for Bent, then obviously the goal posts would move.

In lambert we trust

I'd call it giving a new manager a chance. PL deserves a little while before some spout off with 'told you so' and/or hindsight wisdom. :winkold:

Giving any new manager a chance is fine by me but placing your absolute trust in him before we see how he performs in the transfer market and more importantly the results he achieves, is to my mind blind faith.

I will wait until i see our squad at the start of the season, our style of play during the season and where we finish by the end of the season before i can make the statement, in Lambert we trust.

Are people making the assumption he'll come in and be a regular starter in the first team?

Think they fact we're discussing, allegedly, a loan to buy deal means we want to use the season as a bit of a trial. He's still young and might take a bit longer to adapt to the league. I'd say he'll very much be competition for the likes of Albrighton and will hopefully give us a bit more strength in the squad.

Again another exciting but ultimately unproven player, could go either this one I think.

In lambert we trust

Exactly after 2 years of sitting through McLeish and Houllier where we have been close to the relegation zone and surrendering matches I think I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride

Its nice to actually look forward to a season instead of dreading it

Are people making the assumption he'll come in and be a regular starter in the first team?

Think they fact we're discussing, allegedly, a loan to buy deal means we want to use the season as a bit of a trial. He's still young and might take a bit longer to adapt to the league. I'd say he'll very much be competition for the likes of Albrighton and will hopefully give us a bit more strength in the squad.

Again another exciting but ultimately unproven player, could go either this one I think.

Not to sure on these Loan to buy deals.... Sigurdson (or however you spell it) for example was amazing which ended up him being bought by Tottenham instead of Swansea!

If this guy is the same then he won't be signing for Villa at the end of the season!

We've already got a selfish winger in N'Zog and I rather we played him and our youth products Albrighton and Carruthers than bring in another. Not to mention Holman can do a job out wide too, so I'd say we're pretty covered in that area.

I'd be devestated if we started the season relying on try hard albrighton and an attacking player signed by mcleish who looks like another nothing try hard.

Â