Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

Kendrick having no news is not encouraging at all. lets just hope its a case of him getting the news late, or saving it for tommorow morning, knowing that

Arsenal are after him now though is a bit annoying.

That's the first i've heard of it. Do tell

But, why would Kendrick tell anyone on Twitter the info he knows?

Surely it's in his best interest to give an exclusive on it with a proper newspaper article, rather than telling someone on Twitter.

Kendrick is pretty much an AVFC employee, he releases info the club want him too, and in return the club give him exclusives.

The things I'm hearing is that Brahimi is as good as ours and the announcement is coming tomorrow. Kendrick is in no position to say on Twitter as with other rumours suggesting things will be happening tomorrow, if Kendrick was to confirm it in a very subtle and cryptic way would all but confirm the rumours and be as substantial as an official leak. It would be disastrous for him and his reputation as an outlet for AVFC.

It's genuinely so strange to hear about us going for young foreign starlets. I love it!!

Yes just as long as the core of the team remains British. this is important in my opinion.

I couldn't give a stuff where they came from as long as they are good, improve us and enable us to compete a lot higher up the table

It's genuinely so strange to hear about us going for young foreign starlets. I love it!!

Yes just as long as the core of the team remains British. this is important in my opinion.

I couldn't give a stuff where they came from as long as they are good, improve us and enable us to compete a lot higher up the table

Absolutely I agree but for this to happen the majority of the squad should dare I say "need" to be British. This is a British club competing in a British league. To fill the team with a smorgasboard of nationalities cannot help team bonding.

Absolutely I agree but for this to happen the majority of the squad should dare I say "need" to be British. This is a British club competing in a British league. To fill the team with a smorgasboard of nationalities cannot help team bonding.

In fairness, we all know how British and Irish players can be vital to team bonding.

*Raises one eyebrow in the direction of Collins & Dunne*

Still waiting on news, because yesterday the so called ITK's were so confident they went as far as saying it was done, only waiting to be announced today. Fingers crossed. Please be right THIS time.

According to Mat Kendrick in today’s mail

The club has said no substance to this Brahimi rumour!!

added..

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

For all those asking, I'm told there's no truth in rumours that Rennes attacking midfielder Yacine Brahimi is joining Villa. #avfc

According to Mat Kendrick in today’s mail

The club has said no substance to this Brahimi rumour!!

But thats exactly what we'd expect them to say.... :detect:

Â