Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I think KEA struggles when he has little time to make a decision

That's a fair point.

He did do and was subsequently dropped from the team. Since being given another go towards the end if last season he has looked much better. So perhaps he has adjusted to the pace?

Or we can just write him off permanently because of a few shakey performances after a solid start.

To be fair none of our midfielders are composed under pressure. They either turn in to trouble or give the ball away cheaply. He is not alone in that department

• Like 1

That's a fair point.

He did do and was subsequently dropped from the team. Since being given another go towards the end if last season he has looked much better. So perhaps he has adjusted to the pace?

Or we can just write him off permanently because of a few shakey performances after a solid start.

To be fair none of our midfielders are composed under pressure. They either turn in to trouble or give the ball away cheaply. He is not alone in that department

Twaddle. Complete and utter twaddle.

• Like 4

That's a fair point.

None of our midfielders are composed under pressure?  Dear Lord, there isn't half some nonsense written on Villa Talk.

• Like 1

Our midfield are decent under pressure. It is our defence who aren't really and resort to hoofing it up to Benteke too often for my liking when they are under pressure.

I don't rate him as top class but their is things that I really like about his game.  He has a real knack for getting a foot in and winning the ball back in midfield, its probably the best thing about his game atm imo but I agree that when he is in possession he needs too much time on the ball. He has a good pass on him and is a good player to have around

I thought he was good again last night and glad to see he has kicked on from pre season.

I think he has realised he doesn't have as much time on the ball as he thought. In Holland his technique would save him from getting caught out. In the premier league with much more physicality he can;t get away with it.

It's just getting used to a new style of football which is entirely understandable, took Stan a year too.

Whether he is good enough to get us to where we want to be longer term I am not sure but he is definitely good enough to get us where we want to be this year which is progress and mid table/top 10.

How was his performance yesterday? I saw a lot of people talking about Delph being amazing but not a lot of chat about KEA, and I didn't see much of the game myself.

I've always kinda viewed Sylla as the ball-wining midfielder out of the two of them, with KEA being a bit more creative in attack, but people have been talking a lot about KEA's ability to intercept and dispossess the other team. Did he demonstrate that against Chelsea?

Edited by Panto_Villan

I thought KEA had a good game yesterday, he was just overshadowed by delph really. Good performance and it certainly looks like he is getting more used to PL, even though we are only talking about two games. Will be interesting to see how he carries on.

Â