SPECULATION: Kyle Naughton (Spurs)

Villan4Life

Very happy with this signing -

I don't see anyone buying Hutton of us though so I reckon he (Hutton) will be the back up. With Lichaj on left and Naughton on right.

Any injuries Hutton comes in and Naughton covers left.

Anyone got a feeling Hutton is the new Beye?

I think this transfer gives a bit of weight to the fact that we should trust players from lower divisions if Lambert wants to sign them.

Both right backs that we have been clamoring for over the past two years were playing in the Championship and were snapped up relatively cheaply. Fair enough, they had to develop for a year or two out on loan....but can you imagine having Naughton AND Walker to choose from?!

Obviously there has been some flops from the lower leagues...but I'd go as far as to say that the majority come good.

I realise that. But he didn't come from a Premier League background to begin with. Tim Cahill and Phil Jagielka played Premier League football last year as well...but came from the lower divisions first.

I do take your point if you're meaning that he has already been tested if we wanted him now...but there was no guarantee of that last year and he did very well.

If Lambert wants him then he has seen enough to make the judgement. According to this guy (see match report v Fulham) he can be a bit indisciplined at times but he's young and inexperienced at PL level.

http://www.holtamania.com/match-analysis/

This was posted by someone in the managers thread and is an excellent tactical overview on PL throughout the season.

Is he a left back? Would rather we spent money on a good young left back as Lichaj looks superb IMHO. It's also worth pointing out that the outstanding right back performance of last season came from Chris Herd who could provide cover rather than Hutton. Would prefer to try and get a left back of Naughton's equivelant ie. young with lots of potential and PL experience. Maybe the Swansea LB who's name I've forgotten?

Naughton can play LB as well and going forward is pretty effective cutting in onto his right foot. Would be a good signing. If Lambert can overhaul our defense and really improve it in one transfer window I will become his number one fan as its a big task. The links to Naughton, Poulson and Anita are very positive, any two of those three would be a very good start.

The real problem is going to be CB!

Ah, right. The Goldilocks approach to recruitment. The first Spurs right back was too good, the second Spurs right back was too shite but the third Spurs right back was juuuust right.

Ah, right. The Goldilocks approach to recruitment. The first Spurs right back was too good, the second Spurs right back was too shite but the third Spurs right back was juuuust right.

:clap:

:lol: Gareth's done it again. :nod:

His contract going out June, 2013?

Brilliant :clap:

Very good Sir Gareth!

Just think one day someone might harnass the literary genius of VT.

Â