SPECULATION: Kyle Naughton (Spurs)

Villan4Life

Ah, right. The Goldilocks approach to recruitment. The first Spurs right back was too good, the second Spurs right back was too shite but the third Spurs right back was juuuust right.

:lol: Gareth's done it again. :nod:

His contract going out June, 2013?

We've got the option of an extra year which will take out should he make the required number of amusing posts. :D

I can confirm that negotiations with H&V are on going in relation to a compensation package, we've offered them a set of new tracksuits, a case of Mars bars and 7 questions answered by BOF in the ask BOF anything thread but so far this has been rejected. Talks remain on going and we hope a solution can be found soon, I can also confirm that his back ground team remain in post and would ask for VT posters patience while this matter is resolved.

If Gareth does end up at H&V it will just show a lack of ambition from Limpid, and I am sure the Norwich forum "The Pink'un" will feel they are due some form of compensation as well.

:(

Oh ffs! Take Gareth into a tiny room without windows, lock the door and don't let him out untill he's signed a new contract. It doesn't need to be harder than that.

Maybe we could offer H&V an alternative to Gareth? Perhaps VT's very own "Scottish Cafu"?

I'm assuming you all know the Certain Individual I'm alluding to? It would also contribute towards getting VT's high post-count bill down too.

Has Gareth left yet? Julie, what is twitter saying? Has H&V sent a jet to come and pick Gareth up? Any itks out there? I heard there was a discussion in Morrisons, can this be confirmed?

Have a feeling Harry Redknapp leaving Spurs could scupper any chance of signing Naughton. Wouldn't be surprised if the new manager coming in wants to keep a young talented full back.

Let's face it though, Naughton probably wouldn't get into to the starting 11 and Spurs have a few fullbacks at their disposal right now and they're pretty much all young and talented. Naughton is in no danger of getting Walker out of RB, and I'd imagine Assou-Ekotto is still going to be first choice LB. Then there's Danny Rose and Bale can still do a job there if need be.

Besides, the new manager may be given funds to strengthen this summer and may decide to buy yet another one. Levy is still there and he's obviously still involved in transfers and what-not. I doubt getting rid of 'arry will change much with regards to a player like Naughton. They may decide that they want him off the wage bill and would be happy to sell him. Who knows?

Wouldn't be surprised if the new manager coming in wants to keep a young talented full back.

Yeah. The Young Player of the Year, Kyle Walker..

Can't see Naughton wanting to stay purely as backup if we were to make an offer.

Â