SPECULATION: Kyle Naughton (Spurs)

Villan4Life

An injured and out for the season Hutton is of more benefit than a fit and in the team Hutton. Terrible player.

Maybe got the boot because we finally stopped dipping in the spuds reject bin. Hope Jenas enjoyed his war with the sprinkler. Pays well, I hear.

I firmly believe that goalkeeper and fullback are the 2 positions where you should NOT go English, but with that said Naughton might be a good budget option and he'll be a huge improvement over Hutton.

what about when we had Kyle Walker on loan?

Yes what about it?

Walker is a good player, A Cole and Joe Hart are among the worlds best at thier positions.

Im not stating that all English goalies and fullbacks are crap, just that those 2 positions are usually Englands weakest areas when it comes to depth of quality

I firmly believe that goalkeeper and fullback are the 2 positions where you should NOT go English, but with that said Naughton might be a good budget option and he'll be a huge improvement over Hutton.

Yes what about it?

Walker is a good player, A Cole and Joe Hart are among the worlds best at thier positions.

Im not stating that all English goalies and fullbacks are crap, just that those 2 positions are usually Englands weakest areas when it comes to depth of quality

My point was that on that occasion we went English and it paid off. Kyle Naughton could be the new walker? Probably not, but we can hope. and as you say he's much better than Hutton :P

Yes what about it?

My point was that on that occasion we went English and it paid off. Kyle Naughton could be the new walker? Probably not, but we can hope. and as you say he's much better than Hutton :P

Yep Walker was great for us and if we can get Naughton for £4 m im all for it, usually young english talent is just overrated or too expensive and sought after for us to be in contention

Kyle Naughton could be the new walker? Probably not, but we can hope. and as you say he's much better than Hutton :P

When they were younger at Sheff Utd it was Naughton who was rated more highly.

Kyle Naughton could be the new walker? Probably not, but we can hope. and as you say he's much better than Hutton :P

How interesting, Well i am definitely all for it - do you reckon they have the same sort of attributes, having both stemmed from Sheff UTD?

How interesting, Well i am definitely all for it - do you reckon they have the same sort of attributes, having both stemmed from Sheff UTD?

He is right, Naughton was much more highly rated.. Everton, ourselves and Spurs all wanted him.. In end Walker got about 3 games towards the end of one season (after coming back from Northampton on loan) and was more of a makeweight in the deal for Naughton to Spurs (if i remember correctly Everton joint bid for Naughton & Walker but failed, Spurs offered 2mil more)

Naughton swapped to left back when Walker made his debut for Sheff Utd at right back

They both have gone out on loan and also loan to smaller clubs:-

Walker to Q.P.R (for half season) and done really well, and then to us (half season) and again very well which broke him through at Spurs, because of all the rave reviews he got at QPR and Villa. He previously on loan at Northampton Town when at Sheff Utd

Naughton got whole season loan (Leicester, very good reviews for him) at same time as Walker to Q.P.R. and last season (Norwich - for whole season, again good reviews) He previously on loan at Gretna when at Sheff Utd

If Walker did not go to us on loan he probably still be where Naughton is now and still be trying to impress and make it with Spurs.

Naughton is very fast, tackles better than Walker, Likes to get forward and has a very long throw similar to Lichaj

:D

Martin Olsson, Eric Lichaj and Kyle Naughton. Would be nice come September.

Agreed. Would have good cover on both sides with Naughton and Lichaj.

If we were to choose though, I would go for a good LB rather than a RB, as i think Lichaj could do a good job if given a consistent run in his favoured RB position.

That beeing said, any of the three you mentions would be a vast improvement on Warnock and Hutton. :winkold:

Considering Levy is heavily involved in transfers and the fact that Naughton wasn't even playing for Spurs last season so the chances of him breaking the first team are pretty slim, I'd say I doubt 'arry leaving will affect a transfer to us, if indeed it's on the cards at all.

Naughton is very fast, tackles better than Walker, Likes to get forward and has a very long throw similar to Lichaj

Tackling better than Walker wouldn't be hard, Naughton is clearly the better defender of the two, me I'm of the school that likes defenders to be able to defend primarily, the other stuff is ancillary.

Â