Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I picked OGS in my top 2 way before all this kicked off; the other wasn't Lambert but he would come a close third.

As most have said the idea of OGS brings something new and exciting that the club hasn't had for sometime. I also believe he will be a very good coach which we will need also.

Lambert will very similar to MON and even though we had success under him it was pretty turgid to watch at times. I want to see the Villa go and excite crowds and build from there.

This is a time to rebuild and I think a coach who could stay for some years would be better than Lambert who I feel could disappear quicker than OGS.

This is a time to rebuild and I think a coach who could stay for some years would be better than Lambert who I feel could disappear quicker than OGS.

He would leave us in a heartbeat for man u. But SAF won't retire for a while yet, so I think we would be ok.

He would leave us in a heartbeat for man u. But SAF won't retire for a while yet, so I think we would be ok.

Yeah, and if he's going to get the Man UTD job it means he must be doing a fecking amazing job for us. I'm not gonig to get to worried about that :winkold:

I didn't expect the poll to be quite so lopsided though :shock:
I did. It's been like a Diana Death reaction on here since the news of OGS broke last week.

As one who would prefere Lambert as he is the best man for the job (club is in no position to be taking the risk that comes with Solskjaer), you only have to see the reaction to those who dare to stick their head above the frenzy and suggest that maybe, just maybe, at this time OGS is not the right man for the job.

Its like you have told people you've shat in their kettle.

AMazing the power of youtube

Of course he would be I don't think it would be anytime soon and he would have to be doing an outstanding job at the Villa to even be considered with the other managers out there. I am talking getting us into the CL on a regular basis.

Of course he would be I don't think it would be anytime soon and he would have to be doing an outstanding job at the Villa to even be considered with the other managers out there. I am talking getting us into the CL on a regular basis.

Yeah agreed.

I did. It's been like a Diana Death reaction on here since the news of OGS broke last week.

As one who would prefere Lambert as he is the best man for the job (club is in no position to be taking the risk that comes with Solskjaer), you only have to see the reaction to those who dare to stick their head above the frenzy and suggest that maybe, just maybe, at this time OGS is not the right man for the job.

I dont think OGS is anymore of a risk than Lambert. I wouldnt even have Lambert in my top 5 candidates for the Villa job

I understand what you are saying Richard but sometimes excitement and a positive surrounding can have a massive effect. If the fans are behind it and the manager gets their full support that can spread to the players and better performances could come.

I am sure the negative attitude of the fans towards the last manager transfered to the players and tension grew during the game. They should be professional enough to put it aside but I don't think they did.

And Lambert wouldn't?

Lambert of course.

Really don't get this wave of emotion over Solskjaer at all (I didn't even realise he was a manager until all this blew up - that's how much impact his supposed managerial accomplishments have made on my life) but it is bound to end in tears.

Maybe he has a letter of recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson, though. That should swing it with RL.

Lambert. He's less of gamble having had some proven experience in the league.

I'd prefer him to have more proven experience but needs must.

I understand the excitement with Solskjaer, and it would be interesting... but I'm worried about the risk too much too gun for him over Lambert. He may be a brilliant manager in the making but I'd be happier giving him a shot at Villa Park when someone else has risked their surivial on giving him a go.

I wouldn't be devastated with either, mind, but Lambert is the obvious choice for me. Don't think we'll get him though.

I understand the excitement with Solskjaer, and it would be interesting... but I'm worried about the risk too much too gun for him over Lambert. He may be a brilliant manager in the making but I'd be happier giving him a shot at Villa Park when someone else has risked their surivial on giving him a go.

I partly agree with this, but then there's a huge part of me which feels that if he did go to another club who were willing to take a risk, then his next move after that would be onto bigger and better things than us. Then we'd just miss out completely.

For the record, Lambert is definitely my number 2.

OGS. Had you asked me a month, or a week, or even 5 days ago it would have been Lambert. Solskjær is just exciting though, and thinking about it more and more over the past few days I think he is the perfect man for the job at this time.

Â