No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Where did the rumour of a press conference tomorrow morning come from?

Good question. There's some MASSIVE jumps of conclusions based on barely anything today

True

Villa NEVER hold press conferences in the morning :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they unveil Oyvind Leonhardsen tomorrow at least I can say that I was close :winkold:

Trees your doing a sterling job - I for one wont hang you if thats the case. You have to take these things in the spirit in which their intended.

I have to ask - any reason you think there will be a press conference tomorrow. Seems odd to put these kinds of wheels in motion before they have even met the guy.

dunno what to make of this appointment if true

how many managers has fergie spun off

mclaren

robson

mcleish

keane

hughes

bruce

none of them done much in there own right as managers, fantastic players but, is it a gamble worth taking?

Hang on a minute.

How's this for a scenario:

There is more than one applicant for the job. Let's say Lambert is currently first choice.

But OGS applies for it as well. Least they can do is interview him.

Randy sends the jet to pick him up and bring him over to BMH to show him round and do the interview.

Doesn't mean he's nailed on for the job by any means.

But we dont even know its OGS who we are over there to pick up.

Far too many if's, but's and maybe's for me...

I'm excited, very excited, without getting a bet in. It had dropped to 8/1 and I didn't think it worth it.

On the other end of the spectrum, Richard is clearly not excited.

Seems like most would be happy with this though. In fact it seems to have the widest appeal of any names mentioned so far.

Hang on a minute.

How's this for a scenario:

There is more than one applicant for the job. Let's say Lambert is currently first choice.

But OGS applies for it as well. Least they can do is interview him.

Randy sends the jet to pick him up and bring him over to BMH to show him round and do the interview.

Doesn't mean he's nailed on for the job by any means.

But we dont even know its OGS who we are over there to pick up.

Far too many if's, but's and maybe's for me...

This.

I'd like OGS to be next manager, mainly so I can treat myself to some new jeans courtesy of 25/1 at Coral, but if he does take over, everyone needs to prepare themselves for a houllier/anfield-esque jizzfest when he goes back to Old Trafford.

When they unveil Oyvind Leonhardsen tomorrow at least I can say that I was close :winkold:

Trees your doing a sterling job - I for one wont hang you if thats the case. You have to take these things in the spirit in which their intended.

I have to ask - any reason you think there will be a press conference tomorrow. Seems odd to put these kinds of wheels in motion before they have even met the guy.

BOF got it spot on:

My only doubt is that Randy would send his own private jet at considerable personal expense for a man who; in your scenario; had merely applied and was not favoured in any way. Someone who waas just another candidate.

He isn't going to send his aircraft to pick up an interviewee, so it is likely a done deal.

Could still be Leonhardsen though....

I stand to win £1130 if he is our new manager. This will pay for my season ticket and a new iPAD.

He is now my favoured candidate. So I no longer want Pep or Moyes!

Is OGS the only football man in Norway ?

Maybe Randy's just dropping off his bit of fluff

How did a flight to Norway suddenly become OGS linked ?

The flight is to Kristiansund. Pretty specific location.

There's only to prominent football men in Kristiansund. One is OGS, the other is Oyvind Leonhardsen.

I hope to god it's OGS :lol:

Mr.Mooney? What say you on my take of your scenario?
What? That they wouldn't do it just for an interview? Or that he must at least be the favoured candidate? Maybe so, we're all just taking guesses here anyway.

Do we know for certain that it is Kristiansund the plane's gone to, and that that is where OGS is based?