No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I had a couple of quid on Lambert at 9/2 just as the OGS news broke tonight. He went in to 7/4 and now he's on the drift again. I just can't work out this market. I'm now beginning to think Curbishley looks an attractive price at 28/1.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then a couple of days later say actually I'm staying where I am because I dont want to unsettle my family

I'm not aware that he has ? or did i miss an interview he gave ?

Again Faulkner and Lerner make us look like fools. I can honestly see them appointing macdonald now and I will be absolutely furious if that happens. I think anyone believing ogs is coming now is a fool

Now confirmed on ITV

Link: http://tinyurl.com/ce3y7kt

11:31pm, Tue 22 May 2012 New Villa Boss

Solskjaer turns down Villa job

Last updated Tue 22 May 2012

Sport aston villa Alex McLeish Villa boss There are reports tonight that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has turned down the chance of managing Aston Villa.

Reuters are reporting that Bryan Doogan told Norway's TV2 Sport

“Solskjaer is no longer an alternative for Aston Villa. He has said no for family reasons.

– Bryan Doogan, English Premier League spokesman

TV2 Sport said the Molde manager told Aston Villa, who fired boss Alex McLeish after a disappointing season, of his decision following a dinner with Molde sponsor Kjell Inge Rokke

Still wouldn't say that there is anything official in this. Whoever get's the job and as long as they fit the criteria set, I am happy.

Who the **** is Bryan Doogan and why would he tell TV2 but BBC or SkySports?

Says in the Norwegian paper he is Press Chief at Villa?

Also strange that even after hearing that,Ole Gunnar refused to confirm anything...and he looked puzzled apparently.

I won't truly believe it until I see cold hard quotes in writing that he's said this.. Everyone seems to have jumped on the back of what Kendrick wrote in the Birmingham Mail, which also lacked **** quotes. The only people that have quotes from OGS are journalists in Norway where he's said "I'll say more tomorrow" which is not a denial or an admission. To me it's more of a "I'm going home, my wife and I will talk it over and I'll see how I feel in the morning".. I think everyone in the media has jumped to conclusions based on him not leaving the meeting and shouting from the hills "I am Villa manager!!" and assuming the worst..

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given Aston Villa a message that he is no longer a candidate for the vacant post of manager of the club. This was confirmed by Aston Villa's press officer, Bryan Doogan.

There we go. Can we close the thread now please.

Kendrick wouldn't post something like that if he didn't have Villa's approval and concrete info.

The only weird thing is the no comment from Solskjær himself.