No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Going by MM's posts it looks like Lambert and Martinez might be wide of the mark.

Also these quotes seem a bit contradictory:

No I don't know who they are talking to

there is a poster on here who won't come out but he is spot on with his ITK

Maybe MM does know but doesn't want to cause the furore that Trees did! Any thoughts on who the ITK that was "spot on" mentioned?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has TheTrees given any info on Randy's plane this morning?

Think he said he was retiring from giving out any more info unfortunately :[

Unusual info, yes.

Stuff like he's here/he's not here is okay.

Was at VP yesterday for Sunday lunch noticed Norwegian TV filming there not sure that means he is coming or not .

I think by Friday we should know who it is and it's out of 3 people the positive thing is I think the fans will give whoever time and a chance without the pressure of being top 6 .

Following ONeil was always going to be difficult 6th and less cash with a tired squad then season after arguably our 2 best players leave it was even worse ? Then we stay up by the skin of our pants god awful football same old rocket polishers playing up so new bloke can come in clear the dead wood out build a platform . We only need to finish mid table and be a bit more positive and it will bed him for a challenge season after .

Whilst it's frustrating because we want somebody in now and I would ike OGS I think it's right that they take their time interview the candidates and make sure we do get the right person this time .

That was probably for Norwegian TV2, they had a report on the news about what the Villa faithful wanted with some shots from Villa Park. Wouln't read to much into it. However, what is importnant is that OGS told Røkke that he would leave Molde, taking with him the coaching staff, if he got an offer from Villa. That is not quite the same OGs told the press earlier. He has clearly made himself available for RL, but also feels ha has to be fair to Molde and their owners, who feel gutted that he might be leaving.

I hope its not OGS.

We NEED a manager with Premier League experience NOT a manager who is successful in some other country.

This is utter bullshit.

Apologies for the strong reaction.

Not saying OGS is the one, but by your logic if someone like Klopp, Bielsa, Guardiola, Capello, Billic etc etc wanted the job we shoudl turn them down becausr they don't have "Premier League" (I hate that abbreviation) experience?

I hope its not OGS.

We NEED a manager with Premier League experience NOT a manager who is successful in some other country.

I disagree. The Premier League experience thing is a huge red herring, and the sort of thinking that led us to McLeish.

Arsene Wenger coming from Japan to Arsenal is a classic example of an inspired left-field appointment. A move for OGS would be similar in my view, and the smartest thing Villa have done in many years.

And OGS knows top-flight English football inside out, even if not as a manager.

Yes PussEKatt, just like the previous two managers who had Premiership experience. I'd rather have a manager with ambition, understands what it is about being Aston Villa manager.

Agreed, OGS sounds like he wants the job and understands that the Villa job is a big job in England, we have a bloody good heritage and history. Hopefully he thinks he could add the the history of AVFC and I personally think he would be a very good fit for what the Board want and I also think that he's a manager RL would work with well!

Klinnsman as RL is in USA???

This is just me speculating not ITK

I'll be honest here, I thought exactly the same thing when he went back on Friday, and there was specualtion that Klinnsman was Lerners first choise before O'Neill was appointed. Not sure how accurate that was though.

I hope its not OGS.

Yeah let's get McLeish, McCarthy, Bruce or even Houllier back.

Managers only get Premier League experience when they get a chance to manage in the Premier League. Moyes had no Premier League when Everton took him, Martinez had no Premier League experience when Wigan appointed him. Lambert had no Premier League until this season.

We don't need a manager with Premier League experience, we need a manager who will change and develop the club with a new way of thinking. IMO of course.

This is a Former Villa players take on 2 of the candiates :

Not sure if Solskjaer has enough experience to take on the job even though he has done a good job in Norway with Molde. I hear he was well supported financially there which helps big time plus I’m not sure that it is a great level of football over there. If he gets the job then you’ve got to support him, he can’t do any worse than A M, having said that if he doesn’t succeed it could mean relegation, heaven forbid.

Di Matteo I hear was not liked by the players at West Brom came across as Billy big time. He won the two cups at Chelsea by playing defensive and riding his luck in both games with Barcelona and Bayern. You don’t get that sort of luck in the Prem for 38 games.

Time will tell I suppose, we wait with baited breath.

Has TheTrees given any info on Randy's plane this morning?

Tucked up in the U.S.

He normally arrives early on Monday or Tuesday, so I wouldn't expect to see him until tomorrow now.

Mind you, my opinion is that he doesn't need to be here. He has had a face to face meeting with the new manager, and they have no doubt outlined each other's vision in that meeting. All there is to do now is negotiate a contract, and Mr Lerner pays people to do stuff like that.

Cheers for the info mate. 8)

Going by MM's posts it looks like Lambert and Martinez might be wide of the mark.

Also these quotes seem a bit contradictory:

No I don't know who they are talking to

Maybe MM does know but doesn't want to cause the furore that Trees did! Any thoughts on who the ITK that was "spot on" mentioned?

I said I didn't know who we were speaking to but I know RDM is interested :!: but didn't say Villa were interested in him or planning to speak to hm .

I hope common sense prevails. Just over a week ago, Villa fans were singing for Paul Lambert at Carrow Road, now suddenly he's no longer required. Whilst I am not saying that OSG shouldn't be viewed positively, I hope Randy does the right thing and appoints the right person for the job and isn't taken in on a whim.

I said I didn't know who we were speaking to but I know RDM is interested Exclamation but didn't say Villa were interested in him or planning to speak to hm .

OK thanks, I just read this:

as: "someone has mentioned one of the other 2 names and is spot on".