Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He looks slimmer, or maybe he just looks really bad in Macron shirts :lol: . I'm pretty sure he's putting in the work anyway just as he did when he thought he was too skinny, because I'm sure he knows more than anyone how his injuries/physique is hampering his play.

1 hour ago, benireduk said:  

61442dc344f5c2f917ac7f9cb2c10c99.jpg

Yes I'm making it up....

.....what

What does my comment have to do with this comment?

You were suggesting that I was making things up about Gabby being away. Just showing you the picture to prove otherwise

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No, he was suggesting that you were making things about about Gabby being away simply to go on holiday.

Exactly. It would be daft to deny he's abroad. He says so himself.

However, it is daft to use a picture of him obviously at night to criticise him for not doing training/rehab. A person can train all day, then go out at night. A person could do 12 hours training and still go out at night. And he's clearly not wasted, or drinking on that picture. Looks like he's just in a restaurant.

It would like pulling up a picture of an office work who is abroad on business, eating a meal in the evening and saying 'LOOK THEY'RE CLEARLY NOT DOING WORK'

Senseless.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said: No, he was suggesting that you were making things about about Gabby being away simply to go on holiday.

However, it is daft to use a picture of him obviously at night to criticise him for not doing training/rehab. A person can train all day, then go out at night. A person could do 12 hours training and still go out at night. And he's clearly not wasted, or drinking on that picture. Looks like he's just in a restaurant.

It would like pulling up a picture of an office work who is abroad on business, eating a meal in the evening and saying 'LOOK THEY'RE CLEARLY NOT DOING WORK'

Senseless.

Ok I take your point.

I will go back to my original point and say that I don't think he should be away on warm weather training. Every new signing raves about how good a facility BMH is. Why go away to recover? Especially as club captain and also considering we have a new manager.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said: No, he was suggesting that you were making things about about Gabby being away simply to go on holiday.

Senseless.

Ok I take your point.

I will go back to my original point and say that I don't think he should be away on warm weather training. Every new signing raves about how good a facility BMH is. Why go away to recover? Especially as club captain and also considering we have a new manager.

I'm no ITK or anything, but just putting the idea out there that it probably wasn't entirely his decision to go there?

I can't imagine he just popped in to training one morning with a brand new manager waiting and thought "screw this I'm not dealing with this weather, I'm off lads" and jetted away? I would have thought the manager and physios etc sat down with him and decided this would be the best course of action for him to recover and get fit...I mean I could be wrong, it's happened before, but I doubt it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He looks slimmer, or maybe he just looks really bad in Macron shirts :lol: . I'm pretty sure he's putting in the work anyway just as he did when he thought he was too skinny, because I'm sure he knows more than anyone how his injuries/physique is hampering his play.

You really think so?

7 hours ago, benireduk said:

Ok I take your point.

Think. For one second.

Do you really think it was his decision?

• Like 2

Senseless.

Ok I take your point.

I'm not being funny, but from this post I gather what you know about muscular injuries could fit on a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Ok, maybe I am being funny!

Muscles perform better in warmer weather (warm, not hot by the way). You are less susceptible to injuries, you can train for longer and at a higher intensity. It also makes it easier to listen you your body, you're less likely to push through the pain barrier. There are also the psychological advantages, though I understand now that footballers are supposed to be robots not affected by such daft girly things, so I'll not go into that.

9 hours ago, benireduk said:

Ok I take your point.

Do you really think a player can just make the decision to swan off for warm weather training for a couple weeks, and still seemingly be abroad a few days before a match?

There is no way that Gabby going abroad for warm weather training wasn't directed by the club somehow. Maybe the new manager is the first in a while to realise that warm weather training can benefit a player so sent him away for a bit?

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not being funny, but from this post I gather what you know about muscular injuries could fit on a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Ok, maybe I am being funny!

Muscles perform better in warmer weather (warm, not hot by the way). You are less susceptible to injuries, you can train for longer and at a higher intensity. It also makes it easier to listen you your body, you're less likely to push through the pain barrier. There are also the psychological advantages, though I understand now that footballers are supposed to be robots not affected by such daft girly things, so I'll not go into that.

Gym's are nice and warm this time of the year and I'm sure we've got a perfectly adequate one at BMH as well.;)

I get the psychological benefits, but I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

Gabby has been awful for far to long and as a fan, I find it slightly insulting that he's not recovering with the rest of the team. They should all be pulling together to get us out of this mess. 

Just my opinion......

28 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I remember fergie doing it with both Rooney and Ronaldo and thinking ( apart from how lucky to have squad depth that allows that) what a terrific idea it was for the players who were jaded and came back invigorated.

I wonder if it will work in quite the same way with Gabby? 

1 hour ago, benireduk said:

Gym's are nice and warm this time of the year and I'm sure we've got a perfectly adequate one at BMH as well.;)

I get the psychological benefits, but I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

Gabby has been awful for far to long and as a fan, I find it slightly insulting that he's not recovering with the rest of the team. They should all be pulling together to get us out of this mess. 

Just my opinion......

Have you read the posts above?

Do you really think it was Gabby's decision?

Do you really think the club would let him just go off on his own accord abroad in the middle of the season?

Or do you think he might have been told to go by the doctors/physios/coaches/manager that we employ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benireduk said:

I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

So? Might come as a surprise...but not everyjob in the world is the same :O!

Edited by gharperr

Â