Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I don't rate Ayew, but I'd rather see Ayew out there instead of Gabby. Ayew at least is younger and can still prove to be a decent footballer. With Gabby you know he will only get you 4-5 goals a season even if he plays 30+ matches. 

4-5 goals? You're being far too kind.

it probably assumes he is the penalty taker :)

Mind you if he was he would just hit the ball straight at the keeper.

He would go to take the penalty with his right foot and end up kicking it with his left...

The thing with our squad at the moment is we have players that could easily start over Gabby  (with or without a shift in formation) and immediately offer more to the team.  Adama, Gil, Sinclair, Ayew, Kozak. Jesus, even Richardson could hardly offer any less, at least he can put a half decent ball in.

Frustratingly enough I thought the effort was there today for a change but the ability was sorely absent. I just don't get why he continues to be first choice. I can only assume it's because Sherwood wants some experience out on the pitch.

Doug/OutbyEaster; Its pretty clear to anyone who has visited this thread for any length of time that we are poles apart in our views of a certain Mr G Agbonlahor. There was a time not so long ago when i was ridiculed and chastised for having the audacity to question his ability as a professional footballer and indeed his place in our team. Now with due respect and i genuinely mean with respect because i have no desire to become embroiled in a cyber war with any fellow villan, but do you not feel a tipping point has been reached today whereby anyone choosing to try and defend him would surely leave themselves open to question? I sense a massive sea-change is taking place here, with more and more fellow villans questioning his right to a place on the bench let alone the starting 11. In my view and i stress yet again that its just my view, but what on earth does this man do that effects the team in a positive manner? You cant keep pointing to the odd micro run of half decent form to get him off the hook. The premiership is totally unforgiving. Someone suggested in an earlier post that maybe our managers don't wish to drop him because of his so-called hero status, surely not but i just don't know anymore. I believe Sherwood will drop him and from my perspective this cant come soon enough

I was quite willing to defend Gabby at half time, he wasted a couple of opportunities but at least he was getting in behind the defence and causing problems. It is performances like his second half that are the real problem, where he contributed virtually nothing. But then again, Traore probably won't look like anything special if he never gets the ball.

Sherwood should have hooked him when Palace were getting on top.

The manager should step in and drop a player before fans turn on them.

Gabby's an easy pick for any manager, he's scored 10x more premier league goals than any other player we have and hes a local lad.

Sherwood should man up and give him a rest ,UTV

Edited by tinker

Â