Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I can kinda see why Sherwood opted to play with Gabby, Ayew and Sinclair as a front 3 (or 2 if we were playing 4-4-2 with Sinclair on the wing) although i would not have chosen this as they are too similar.

The plan was probably for them to harass and chase the Man U defenders in the build-up play forcing them to make mistakes, something they did a lot last season. And it worked OK defensively for a while.

However as soon as they scored it became totally pointless having Gabby on the pitch as he offers nothing except the odd start stop dash, but he was kept on and even used as a target man for long balls?

Neither Sinclair nor Ayew covered themselves in glory but at least you can see that they have some technique and that they can trap the ball and spot a pass.

Gabby rust runs ti'l he loses interest or gets knackered.

I really hope Gabby will only play a supporting role this season

Edited by sne

I really hope this is one of the last times i see Gabby in a Villa shirt.The bloke is a complete fraud as a footballer, fails to hold the ball up, his passing is poor, his control non-existant, and when he had a chance, the header, there was absolutely no conviction in it at all.

The chance that Avami set up sums up Gabby to me, Ayew runs to the front post, took the defender with him, a good attacker would have gone into the space, where did Gabby go, front post with Ayew, and then he blames Ayew........useless.

• Like 2

I really hope this is one of the last times i see Gabby in a Villa shirt.The bloke is a complete fraud as a footballer, fails to hold the ball up, his passing is poor, his control non-existant, and when he had a chance, the header, there was absolutely no conviction in it at all.

The chance that Avami set up sums up Gabby to me, Ayew runs to the front post, took the defender with him, a good attacker would have gone into the space, where did Gabby go, front post with Ayew, and then he blames Ayew........useless.

I'm only surprised that you seem surprised. For all those who continually try to defend this guy, please take note of this post and the ever increasing ground swell of opinion that he just does not cut it. In my opinion he is a non-footballer period and the sooner he gets hooked, the sooner we start to move forwards; in all fairness i really can't it being very far away now. Way too much competition for him to survive the cull in my view. 

Well hopefull last night was his last start for villa! He offers nothing special, we have plenty of players with pace. He is a striker and is paid to score goals ... which he does a poor job of doing!

Â