Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I thought he was okay on Saturday, not good, but not bad and probably the best of our front four (although N'Zogbia would have a shout at that one) he wasn't as good as he was against the Albion, but he certainly wasn't as bad as he'd been for the months around christmas when his form was awful.

This week's tiny milestone - he's now played more games for us than Harry Parkes, making him probably the highest Villa appearance maker from Erdington. Next one will be his 350th game, which all being well will be at Wembley.

Yeah he should've buried that chance in the second half, on another day the deflection might even have taken it in anyway.

At least he's atm either scoring or missing chances, better than the anonymous performances we've been getting from him for most of this season.

Back to his worst again yesterday. Absolute garbage.

You weren't surprised though surely? you see that so called good run that he's had recently is the blip, not the other way round.

It was only a matter of time.

Back to his worst again yesterday. Absolute garbage.

You weren't surprised though surely? you see that so called good run that he's had recently is the blip, not the other way round.

It was only a matter of time.

Agree 100%.

Thanks. I often think this site is missing a middle ground!

This site has never even seen the middle ground, never even heard of it. If this site ever saw a middle ground it would kill it with fire.

• Like 2

I perhaps misread a little as I interpreted the last bit as saying that Gabby seldom produces average performances. Which is true as he usually either plays really well or produces next to nothing. In some ways, seeing an average Gabby display is more encouraging as it gives hope that he may finally be able to contribute even when not playing at his best.

• Like 1

I perhaps misread a little as I interpreted the last bit as saying that Gabby seldom produces average performances. Which is true as he usually either plays really well or produces next to nothing. In some ways, seeing an average Gabby display is more encouraging as it gives hope that he may finally be able to contribute even when not playing at his best.

No, you understood perfectly.

• Like 1

Â