Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible all throughout preseason, yet been captain in a few matches. I really hope that he's not considered an automatic pick. At the very least he needs a severe kick up the arse!

Having said that, Darren Bent was the skipper early in Lambert's tenure, so the armband may not be an indicator of his role this season.

Seriously, is he even needed at all now we know Richardson has been signed to mainly play as a left-winger? He is a complete waste of space who I'd happily give away for nothing if I had my way. I suspect that Lambert's favouritism towards him and Weimann will remain intact this season though sadly.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Seriously, is he even needed at all now we know Richardson has been signed to mainly play as a left-winger. He is a complete waste of space who I'd happily give away for nothing if I had my way. I suspect that Lambert's favouritism towards him and Weimann will remain intact this season though sadly.

I think when Benteke and Kozak are fit we'll see them as the front two in the 3-5-2 so Gabby and Weimann really should be on the bench a lot more this year as neither are deserving to start week in week out.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure that 3-5-2 will be our main formation though now that we've signed Cissokho and know Richardson will be primarily used as a left-winger. Of course, he could be intended to be a squad player but going by his involvement in preseason, I do believe he will start regularly.

I'm not so sure that 3-5-2 will be our main formation though now that we've signed Cissokho and know Richardson will be primarily used as a left-winger. Of course, he could be intended to be a squad player but going by his involvement in preseason, I do believe he will start regularly.

I find it amusing how Lambert got slaughtered last season for playing 5-3-2 but now it's all the rage because LVG used it for Holland.

I think we will probably set up that way against strong opponents. As for Gabby it makes no difference where he plays at the moment. He's just not at the races.

I find it amusing how Lambert got slaughtered last season for playing 5-3-2 but now it's all the rage because LVG used it for Holland.

My view on it remains the same. I don't have have a problem with that system but I don't believe Lambert is able to play it properly.

It involves a balance which is too complex for him to begin to replicate. That's why whenever we play it, it is basically 5-3-----2. The front-two are always ridiculously isolated.

• Like 1

My view on it remains the same. I don't have have a problem with that system but I don't believe Lambert is able to play it properly.

It involves a balance which is too complex for him to begin to replicate. That's why whenever we play it, it is basically 5-3-----2. The front-two are always ridiculously isolated.

I agree but I thinks that's more down to the players rather than the manager. When we've had our strongest team whatever formation Lambert plays it generally works. A couple of key players injured and then it all falls apart.

Lambert has got a very hard job and although he has made big mistakes. He needs to be applauded for keeping us up.

• Like 1

He needs to be applauded for keeping us up.

No...he doesn't.
Why doesn't he? That squad he took over was a pile of shit and he has had peanuts to spend. Yet we survive. So how did we manage that? Bentake, that's how. Who signed him? Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â