Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Excellent performance from Gabby yesterday. Two brilliant assists and when he performs the way he did yesterday, he is virtually unplayable. We need more of those sorts of games from him in the latter half of the season if we are to cement a decent finish.

• Like 2

I thought the first goal yesterday came from Gabby being injured.If you watch the build up to it you can see he can't really run and doesn't chase the keeper or defenders when they knock the ball about as he usually does in the build up to the goal.

Just underlines how big a blow him getting injured was.

Interesting read. He'd grace a world cup but will Hodgson realise how valuable he would be for England as a counter-attack option?

Nigeria never approached me —Agbonlahor

ASTON Villa striker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, says he has never been asked by Nigerian football officials to play for the country and as a result, he could not have dumped the Super Eagles.

Born to Yoruba parents - Dr Samson Agbonlahor and Mrs Mary Agbonlahor from Ondo State - Gabriel Agbonlahor told kickoffnigeria.com on Friday that the only family influence on his career was his dad from whom he would have taken advice had Nigeria approached him.

“For me there was nothing to consider,” Agbonlahor responded when asked if he would have considered playing for Nigeria.

"Neither my agent nor my club have ever had any formal contact from the Nigerian FA inviting me to play for the country or enquiring if I was even interested that I’ve ever been aware of.”

“So when England selected me in the senior squad, there wasn’t even a choice to make other than where in the living room my parent would put my cap if I got a chance to play (it’s hanging on the wall by the way),’’ he added.

Agbonlahor took time to blast Nigeria’s scouting policy which ignored the country’s numerous talents until they made it at big-club level.

“I would like to see British-born players watched by Nigeria scouts and brought into their set-up from Under- 17 upwards and not just showing interest once they have established themselves in England U-21 competitions or for their domestic clubs.

“For some reasons the Nigerian FA and fans only seem to want players when they are already the finished article and then judge them when they officially pledge their allegiance at senior level for the country where they actually plied their trade.

“For example why wasn’t (Victor) Moses, (Shola) Ameobi or (Victor) Anichebe invited to play for Nigeria before they proved themselves in England squads?

“Moses has played for England at every single level, yet it took two whole years of him not being picked for England seniors and then being probably Wigan’s best player before the Nigerian FA took notice of his talent and actually called him up to their senior squad. He wasn’t invisible before, he has been a good footballer since his Crystal Palace days’’.

Agbonlahor also believes the Eagles will do well at the World Cup, saying from what he saw of the team at the Nations Cup, Nigeria can beat anybody on their day.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/sports/item/29084-nigeria-never-approached-me-%E2%80%94agbonlahor.html

iL7EcHRHPoERt.gif

Did you film that with a potato?

people ask. I provide.

what more do you want. CGI reconstruction? morph animation? time machine and £50 so you could actually be there?

it's probably the best stepover he's ever done whatever resolution you look at it. don't complain. enjoy.

• Like 1

iL7EcHRHPoERt.gif

people ask. I provide.

what more do you want. CGI reconstruction? morph animation? time machine and £50 so you could actually be there?

it's probably the best stepover he's ever done whatever resolution you look at it. don't complain. enjoy.

Probably the best or statistically the best?

• Like 2

it's quick to load and gives you a nice low bandwidth cost reminder of an epic move. I'm sure Glen Johnson won't forget it in a hurry.

iL7EcHRHPoERt.gif

people ask. I provide.

what more do you want. CGI reconstruction? morph animation? time machine and £50 so you could actually be there?

Probably the best or statistically the best?

the one.

• Like 1

Â