Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Leave Gabby alone, I almost can't imagine Villa without him at this point.

If we were offered the chance to swap Gabby for a player who would guarantee 15 goals and 15 assists each season, I'd bite their hands off.

I'd probably swap Benteke for that Guarantee.

Pretty interesting that 5 years ago on 19th  Nov 2008 a just turned 22 year old Gabby made his England debut, ironically away to Germany and by all accounts played well in a 2-1 win. Four days previously he'd scored the 2nd goal in a famous 2-0 win at Arsenal for his 7th premier league goal of the season (he would only net I think 4 more that season).

When you consider where he was at 22, it's difficult to say he hasn't underachieved in the years since bar a good follow up 09/10 season and good end to last season. Although our attacking quality has diminished over those years.

• Like 1

Pretty interesting that 5 years ago on 19th Nov 2008 a just turned 22 year old Gabby made his England debut, ironically away to Germany and by all accounts played well in a 2-1 win. Four days previously he'd scored the 2nd goal in a famous 2-0 win at Arsenal for his 7th premier league goal of the season (he would only net I think 4 more that season).

When you consider where he was at 22, it's difficult to say he hasn't underachieved in the years since bar a good follow up 09/10 season and good end to last season. Although our attacking quality has diminished over those years.

He was outstanding in 08/09, I'll never forget how good he was that season, good post Chris agree with all of it

Gabby in both 08/09 and 09/10 was superb, he hit his peak at a very young age. He has still shown glimpses that he is capable of that at the beginning of the 11/12 season and at the end of the 12/13 season.

How can Withe say that Gabby lacks the work rate? He's one of, if not our hardest working player on the field.

I presume he is talking about pro-active work, rather than re-active work.

Lukaku modelling his game on Gabby's  :)

Christian is used to 4-4-2 at Villa, and it can be the same with Belgium, because I can go on the same sort of runs Gabby Agbonlahor does.

Gabby is by far not the worst player in our team, but as has been pointed out, his goal scoring performance is passive. His overall record is quite good, that's because statistics can't be trusted to tell you the full story.

Gabby has scored some really important goals over the years, against some really important teams, but what he struggles to do is get " bread and butter" goals when you need them like Shearer did. He can't  seem to muster one up when you want to win a game ( not consistently anyway)

Gabby is fundamentally what's wrong with Aston Villa.....just Que Sera Sera... never much urgency, just, you will get what you get.

I don't want to see Gabby leave, I've just settled in to my own snug little way of watching the games with my Que Sera Sera  attitude to it all.

Ps Gabby isn't the only one to make a lucrative career out of it,( being passive that is) Lee Hendrie did too.

Edited by TRO

Â