Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

There's a good article in the evening mail about him by Peter Withe.  Who comments his lack of consistency and work-rate as being an issue. He should be a lot better than he is!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

He played his best football in the MON years. Even then he was great until xmas but then would go seriously off the boil until popping up with a few goals in April and May when the season was petering out.

Last season he didn't score a goal under November then was great in the run in. I guess this season will be similar so I agree with Whitey with his lack of consistency.

Not sure it's fair to say he doesn't work hard.

He has always been a half-season player since he broke through. On his day, unplayable and on other days he may as well not be on the pitch. Very frustrating.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

He has always been a half-season player since he broke through. On his day, unplayable and on other days he may as well not be on the pitch. Very frustrating.

This probably correlates with him being the best counter-attack player in the Premier League. He's great away, average at home.

Leave Gabby alone, I almost can't imagine Villa without him at this point.

If we were offered the chance to swap Gabby for a player who would guarantee 15 goals and 15 assists each season, I'd bite their hands off.

We wouldn't be offered that though. It's a bit like saying you'd trade Benteke for Messi if given the opportunity.

Edited by Mantis

If we were offered the chance to swap Gabby for a player who would guarantee 15 goals and 15 assists each season, I'd bite their hands off.

We wouldn't be offered that though. It's a bit like saying you'd trade Benteke for Messi if given the opportunity.
More like Baros for Carew.

Why on Earth would anyone ever trade us a 15 goal, 15 assist a season player for Gabby?

This probably correlates with him being the best counter-attack player in the Premier League. He's great away, average at home.

In a nutshell, why he is a limited player then.

Why on Earth would anyone ever trade us a 15 goal, 15 assist a season player for Gabby?

"If"

I was merely pointing out I'd trade him in an instant. Nothing to see here Mantis.

"If"

I was merely pointing out I'd trade him in an instant. Nothing to see here Mantis.

What's your point though? There are very few players in the world who you could have in your team and not be open to trading them for another player. We'll never get traded a player like you described for Gabby so it's a moot point really.

"If"

What's your point though? There are very few players in the world who you could have in your team and not be open to trading them for another player. We'll never get traded a player like you described for Gabby so it's a moot point really.

Point is if we want to improve, Gabby is one I'd look to trade. It really isn't as big an issue as you want it to be.

"If"

Point is if we want to improve, Gabby is one I'd look to trade. It really isn't as big an issue as you want it to be.

Who said anything about me wanting it to be a big issue? :huh:

He played his best football in the MON years. Even then he was great until xmas but then would go seriously off the boil until popping up with a few goals in April and May when the season was petering out.

Last season he didn't score a goal under November then was great in the run in. I guess this season will be similar so I agree with Whitey with his lack of consistency.

Not sure it's fair to say he doesn't work hard.

Even after his goal against Sunderland .. I don't think he scored any until West Brom game ..

Â