Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Told ya.

Gabby has'nt developed as aplayer the last 2 years.He does'nt score enough, he does'nt create enough chance, and if he is on £60k per week like rumoured, hes not worth it.

There was moment in todays game when Townsend got the ball inside Villas area, he run at Luna went past him, and put a shot just over the bar.One minute later Gabby gets the ball inside Spuds penalty area, looks up, and plays the ball back 30 yards.Thats the difference.Gabby has'nt done it, and is not going to, Weimann is still young, Gabby is 26.An impact sub at best for me.

Told ya.

Gabby has'nt developed as aplayer the last 2 years.He does'nt score enough, he does'nt create enough chance, and if he is on £60k per week like rumoured, hes not worth it.

There was moment in todays game when Townsend got the ball inside Villas area, he run at Luna went past him, and put a shot just over the bar.One minute later Gabby gets the ball inside Spuds penalty area, looks up, and plays the ball back 30 yards.Thats the difference.Gabby has'nt done it, and is not going to, Weimann is still young, Gabby is 26.An impact sub at best for me.

To be fair to Gabby, I think the club are equally to blame by not pushing him.

when you end up with..."who else is there to put in" you end up with this kind of scenario....just like Lee Hendrie situation. Local boys who know/knew they are/was on a good thing....any other club would have challenged them. 

• Like 1

If he is out for the weekend, I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with Benteke and Kozak up top

I'd like to see a 5-3-2 with helenius given a chance with Benteke or weimman played in his normal position.

I really don't want to see Kozak again for awhile.

If he is out for the weekend, I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with Benteke and Kozak up top

I'd like to see a 5-3-2 with helenius given a chance with Benteke or weimman played in his normal position.

I really don't want to see Kozak again for awhile.

If he comes good "I'll  bare my arse in the CO-OP window"  wonder where I've heard that one before?

A doubt for Saturday.

Maybe he wasn't fully fit at the weekend.

A doubt for Saturday.

.........or the manager seen the same as me?

Yes, I hope they watched El Classico over the weekend as well.

We all know Villa are in the same stratosphere as all of those teams.

we all know they are not, so do we just it pack in and go home or practice even more to make perfect.

our first touch against Everton was poor and resulted in giving the ball away or failing to capitalise on passes on so many occasions...so too was the trait in the other home defeats.

It is one thing to cure the ills its another to know where the ills are and attempt to improve them.

David Platt was a player from the lower leagues...so it is not impossible to reach for the stars in doing so you may reach the moon....don't keep blaming lack of funds, despite it being a disadvantage.

your comments lend itself to throwing the towel in.

We all know they are not, so do we just it pack in and go home or practice even more to make perfect.

The one player we have that's proven he'll work on his game and improve himself is the one this thread is about. Too skinny? Crap in the air? Can't play with his back to goal? Can't link up play? Can't cross? Gabby has worked on all of those things and made them strengths. He's not a natural, he's never going to be silky or visionary, but he always goes away and tries to improve himself. 

• Like 4

we all know they are not, so do we just it pack in and go home or practice even more to make perfect.

our first touch against Everton was poor and resulted in giving the ball away or failing to capitalise on passes on so many occasions...so too was the trait in the other home defeats.

It is one thing to cure the ills its another to know where the ills are and attempt to improve them.

David Platt was a player from the lower leagues...so it is not impossible to reach for the stars in doing so you may reach the moon....don't keep blaming lack of funds, despite it being a disadvantage.

your comments lend itself to throwing the towel in.

Quite the contrary.

Know your strengths and use them. Improve what you can.

Don't try and pretend to be something you're not. That's Bannan's problem.

Gabby is a limited player. But he uses his strengths.

Gabby is the one exciting player we have in the team, someone who will, on the odd occasion produce something out of nothing and if you can get him running after the ball, direct, at the defence it's get off your seat stuff.

His period of form over the past few years has coincided with when we really needed someone to step up and drag us out of a problem. He may not be Ronaldo, but  you can't ever accuse him of is never giving 100% and never being there when it REALLY mattered.

I don't really buy that though. He generally has about half a good season, if that. Where was he in the run-in during the 08/09 season? Or the second half of the McLeish season? Did these not matter?

A doubt for Saturday.

Gabby took a knock to his ankle in the first 15 minutes against Spurs & it obviously affected his performance. You could also clearly see that it was still troubling him against Everton as his usual blistering pace was not there.

I hope he can quickly recover fully from this injury as he is vital to our counter attacking style away from home.

The real cure is rest & although there is no immediate respite at least there is an International break on the horizon.

Please be 100% fit soon Gabby. Your club & the fans need you because we know what you give when you are at the top of your game.

• Like 1

Gabby needs dropping to the bench. He started the season off playing like a man who wanted to put himself into consideration for the world cup but recently he has dropped off completely.

Again i agree, but who do we have of quality to replace these dropped players. The problem is our two wingers know this as well.

Yes, lack of competition is an issue.

Yes looks very doubtful for Saturday. An opportunity to play the two up front maybe. West Ham probably wont play a striker.

They will against us. We are no Tottenham, Man City or Swansea.

Â