Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby improves every match for me. He's like Walcott for Arsenal, never going to be a world beater but the team is better with him on the pitch.

Weimann I agree a pumped up N'Zogbia would do a better job. Him and Benteke on full form would be very sexy indeed.

But is Zoggy ever going to hit his "wigan form" with us? 

His squad number suggests to me he won't 

If he did he'd be a superb asset. Who knows with N'Zogbia...

I don't think N'Zogbia can ever offer the team what Weimann and Agbonlahor contribute defensively. At Wigan he was a great attacker, but lazy tracking back and occasionally very anonymous. For us, he's shown occasional glimpses of that good attacker, but only rarely. His set pieces have been his best asset here and that's not enough. If he could show that same attacking form he had at Wigan, plus add some good defensive work to his game, we'd have a player on our hands. Not sure it will happen though.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely denies ever being on twitter, and says he has now plans to join it.

However, he also says he doesn't want to go on it because he prefers a private life, which unfortunately contradicts the Keek account he has. 

So you can't have a private life if you have a Lamborghini? Good one.  :lol:

You can enjoy the luxuries of wealth and have a private life you know. For every attention-seeking millionaire, there's one who wants to keep a private life whilst enjoying the money they've earned. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing him back, I think he's been pretty good this season.

For opposition defenders, playing Villa recently is probably the total opposite of playing Man Utd in about 2005.

Against Utd, they might feel they'd played well against Van Nistelrooy and shackled him for near on the whole game - they lost 2-0 and Ruud bagged a brace.

Against us, they have been terrorised by Agbag all game long, him constantly getting in behind and stretching them out - opposition wins 2-1 and Gabbo misses a sitter and a few half chances.

He's not a great goalscorer, but he's definitely worth a spot in the side. Gets in ahead of Weimann every day of the week for me.

"Hopefully I can be here for the rest of my career" was what Gabby said on AVTV - what a legend!

That would be very interesting if a top 4 or top 6 team came in for him.

Was that not the case about about 4 years ago?

Â