England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

He's a Blues player.

Our lack of depth in the goalkeeping department is the worst I've ever known it.

Welcome new Villa fan. The 02/03 season had Enckelman in goal, Postma on the bench and Wayne Henderson waiting in the wings. Lerner will have to go some if he's to beat the thrill of having Enckelman in goal.

He's a Blues player.

Our lack of depth in the goalkeeping department is the worst I've ever known it.

Welcome new Villa fan. The 02/03 season had Enckelman in goal, Postma on the bench and Wayne Henderson waiting in the wings. Lerner will have to go some if he's to beat the thrill of having Enckelman in goal.

I was talking about England ;)

Believe me, I (unfortunately) remember the Enckleman days perfectly well!

I think Hart is a very good keeper but he does seem to have an error in him. Seems to parry a lot of balls away and not get distance on them e.g Bent goal last season or Gomez this season.

Gets away a bit as plays in good defence like City but might get a bit exposed against better penalty box predators like a Klose, Huntelaar etc. if England were to get that far

Injured, unfit or suspended

Wilshire ( out)

Ferdianand ( 50/50)

Bent

Walker

Parker

Rooney (2 games)

Smalling

Barry

Parker

Huddlestone

Dawson

Wellbeck

Johnson

Now not all of these players would have neccsasry have been good enough to go. But still 13 players is stilla heck of a lot of players who are nursing injuries, suspended or are not fully fit!

Does any one know how this compares to others Countires zee Germans much have a few injured the Bayern Munich players have player about 50 games. What about Italy, France, Spain and Portuagal ECT?

Ruddy has broken his finger, so is out of Euro 2012.

Congrats to Jack Butland, who is now on the plane! Whoever you are! :D

In my eyes this is a ridiculous call up. It now means that he can't play in the olympics, which would've been more benefital for his long term benefit than being 3rd choice (and nver playing) in the euros

Ruddy has broken his finger, so is out of Euro 2012.

Congrats to Jack Butland, who is now on the plane! Whoever you are! :D

In my eyes this is a ridiculous call up. It now means that he can't play in the olympics, which would've been more benefital for his long term benefit than being 3rd choice (and nver playing) in the euros

Agreed.

If I was Hodgson I wouldn't have picked any player who is younger than 24 years old.

Butland, Jones, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carroll and Welbeck - I would have left them all out so that they could play in the Olympics instead.

Because how often do we get to play in the Olympics on home soil?

Keep all our best young players available for that and put the older players (Richards, Bent, Lennon, Johnson, Jagielka etc) into the Euros.

didn't Barry get injured just before the world cup as well

A player rarely injured in his career and he seems to get cursed when the big tournaments come around

Â