England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

Gary Cahill ruled OUT of Euro 2012 with double jaw fracture.

Martin Kelly called up in his place and no selection for Micah Richards....

What's with the fascination with Plop players??? They had a shite season.

Gary Cahill ruled OUT of Euro 2012 with double jaw fracture.

Martin Kelly called up in his place and no selection for Micah Richards....

What's with the fascination with Plop players??? They had a shite season.

This! How Richards hasn't made the squad is beyond me!

LOL @ Richards and Carrick.

They would both be going to Euro 2012 if they hadn't have been so arrogant and refused to be on the stand-by list.

why whould they be on standby? cant honestly believe that some of players called up are ahead of them. 2 players from top 2 teams in country cant make a squad which now has a majority from the 8th place team

Oh I agree, I think they both should have been in the squad outright from the beginning.

But, they weren't, and allegedly refused to be on standby, which is why they haven't been called up to replace Cahill et al

Does anyone actually believe that Rios omission is for footballing reasons?

When he is calling up Martin Kelly is clearly not the case. It's probably the case he decided that Terry was a better option, but with all the stuff with the case he couldn't take Rio as well. I do think however that Rio deserves some type of explanation.

I know, read it earlier.

Hodgson comes across as quite intelligent to me, but he is not fooling anyone with this Ferdinand thing.

He shoud just come clean with the real reason why Rio is not in the squad.

I'd probably not call up Ferdinand either. He's not what he once was, and his back is prone to flaring up to the point he now has to be careful how many games he plays.

Saying that, I'd not have called up Terry either. Said before I think he should have just called up the players he would think he would take to the next World Cup and bin the old guard wholesale.

Originally I would not of called up Rio as currently Terry, Cahill, Lescott and possibly Jagielka are in better form. But with Cahills injury, looking at it from a footballing point of view, he should have come in ahead of Martin Kelly.

Â