England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

I predict a long response from Joey55 to your post. I think Defoe used to be very greedy but he is now more of a team player.

I know yu never mentioned Gabby, but was pointing out that Villa only have 1 striker better then Defoe and most of us would welcome him at villa park.

Remember Euro 96 and the England strikers. Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Cole, Collymore, Sutton, Ferdinand, Wright and Dublin.

Only Rooney is on their level of the current lot.

Remember Euro 96 and the England strikers. Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Cole, Collymore, Sutton, Ferdinand, Wright and Dublin.

:shock:

When you write that lot down, it really is an impressive list.

Defoe scored 11 goals in 1287 minutes. If Bent or Agbonlahor ever hit that sort of form in a Villa shirt you'd all be saying how they have to be in the England squad. Last season you were all going crazy over Bent after he scored 9 goals 1400 mins, which is not even remotely impressive compared to Defoe's form this season.

Ah yeah. Didn't realise Bent had Van Der Vaart and Modric in his side either.

Defoe is absolute shit and should be nowhere near the England squad.

Absolute shit? He is better then Gabby. Always gets 15 a season minimum, even when he is sub alot. Why is he shit? He is not as greedy as he used to be.

Defoe is hit and hope. That's all I see him do, hit the ball as hard as he can 99% of the time. He's greedy as **** and can barely pass a ball.

I never mentioned Gabby.

Maybe you should watch some youtube clips of some of Defoe's finshes.

Also I don't understand how you can rate Bent and then make a big deal about Defoe's passing. Defoe passes the ball more frequently and with a massively higher completion rate than Bent. His long passes are also more accurate and his though balls are significantly more accurate. He also created chances at a faster rate. I'm not saying Defoe is a good passer of the ball, as he isn't, but I can't understand how you can rate Bent so highly, when he is so weak in this area and doesn't score as frequently either.

and the list of goalkeepers back then. Seaman, Martyn, Flowers, James. What has happpened to English football. Gone backwards.

p.s. I didnt rate Ian Walker.

Awesome, at least Roy has kicked out all the old failures who've let us down sooooo many times in the past.

Oh... wait.

Same old England. Same old failure beckons.

and the list of goalkeepers back then. Seaman, Martyn, Flowers, James. What has happpened to English football. Gone backwards.

Influx of foreign players into the Premier League?

Downing isn't shit, he's had a horrible season but we all know he is a good player. Adam Johnson wouldn't be any better to England than Downing IMO.

There are not really any issues about the team picked, its ashame he kept Gerrard and Terry in the team but realistically Harry Redknapp would have too.

Players who missed out such as Crouch/Holt/Carrick/Richards are not going to be missed in comparrison to the guys taking their place in the team.

We have a nation of medicore players. The exciting talents such as Wilshere and Walker are out but atleast Ox is in and Walcott seems to be hitting some kind of form too.

Our problem is strikers. Missing Bent a lot IMO.

I can't remember ever being less enthusiastic about an international tournament.

Honest question Mike - why do I feel that I am so much more of an avid fan of the England national team than you :D

Age. I saw England win the World Cup in 1966, and it's been a steady decline ever since.

Each tournament seems to have a weaker England squad than the one before, with less prospect of winning anything.

And I hate most of the players when they are playing for their clubs, and I find it difficult to suspend just because they are wearing an England shirt.

And I'm not much into the whole Ing-er-lund nationalistic posturing and flag waving thing.

And I'm disillusioned with football generally, due to the money/media factors.

I have a residual love for the Villa because of my Birmingham roots, no more than that.

Spain, Germany, Italy all have many "foreigners" in their leagues before it was common in England and have been very successful

Spain, Germany, Italy all have many "foreigners" in their leagues before it was common in England and have been very successful

More than England though?

Arsenal regularly field a team with no English players.

How many first-choice PL keepers are English?

Hart and Ruddy?

Yeah. We aren't good enough to win things. I find the media annoying, but the fans are just as bad. The likes of Lampard/Gerrard/Terry/Cole/etc. have apparently 'failed'. We made 3 straight QF appearances, how is that 'failing'? What's so bad about being the 5th-8th best team? :?

England squad for Euro 2012:

Joe Hart (Shrewsbury Town)

Robert Green (Norwich City)

John Ruddy (Cambridge United)

Ashley Cole (Arsenal)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Glen Johnson (West Ham United)

Joleon Lescott (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Gary Cahill (Aston Villa)

Leighton Baines (Wigan Athletic)

Phil Jones (Blackburn Rovers)

Frank Lampard (West Ham United)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Gareth Barry (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)

James Milner (Leeds United)

Theo Walcott (Southampton)

Ashley Young (Watford)

Scott Parker (Charlton Athletic)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton)

Wayne Rooney (Everton)

Jermain Defoe (Charlton Athletic)

Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Andy Carroll (Newcastle United)

Yeah. We aren't good enough to win things. I find the media annoying, but the fans are just as bad. The likes of Lampard/Gerrard/Terry/Cole/etc. have apparently 'failed'. We made 3 straight QF appearances, how is that 'failing'? What's so bad about being the 5th-8th best team? :?

Yeah that's pretty decent tbh.

Equally annoying though are the England haters who make out like English players cannot control a ball and that we would struggle to beat Andorra.

These are typically those who love all things Spanish or German - international gloryhunters.

Equally annoying though are the England haters who make out like English players cannot control a ball and that we would struggle to beat Andorra.

in fairness i have seen England struggle to beat Andorra

Â