England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

Carson is a terrible keeper. Was awful in 07/08 at villa, and before and after.

:?: :?: :?:

He was promising before he joined Villa, then he had a fantastic half season at Villa leading many fans to demand MON/Randy pay the reported £10m fee ASAP before someone else swooped in but then it all went wrong. Not sure why you felt the need to lie like that.

to be fair to butland and blues if he isnt in their 1st team plans with the way the loan window works in the lower leagues its not set in stone that he cant go to the olympics is it?

im sure if the player asked and the club said yes he would be allowed to do both

seems stupid to me that he has to play for blues' reserves whilst the olympics are on because he sat on the bench during the euros

It's not a bad thing that Barry is injured.

With Jagielka his replacement, we now actually have 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers which is what we should have taken in the first place.

Goalkeepers - Hart, Green, Butland

Right-backs - Johnson, Jones

Centre-backs - Terry, Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka

Left-backs - Cole, Baines

Centre-midfielders - Gerrard ©, Parker, Lampard, Milner

Wingers - Young, Walcott, Downing, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Strikers - Rooney, Welbeck, Carroll, Defoe

changes the formation though doesnt it? gerrard in a midfield 3 is wank, always has been always will be, too much hollywood and not enough discipline, he needs to be one of the front 3 IMO which leaves parker, lampard and milner to play in the centre (which to be fair would be my preferred starting midfield) with only jones as cover

id start -

hart

johnson - terry - lescott - cole

parker - milner - lampard

gerrard - carroll - young

i can see hodgson dropping milner from that, thinking he's the man with the secret as to how to play gerrard and lampard next to each other in the midfield 3 and playing downing/walcott in the front 3

Because how often do we get to play in the Olympics on home soil?

Keep all our best young players available for that and put the older players (Richards, Bent, Lennon, Johnson, Jagielka etc) into the Euros.

Are you serious? The Olympics? Who gives a ****?

Carson is a terrible keeper. Was awful in 07/08 at villa, and before and after.

:?: :?: :?:

He was promising before he joined Villa, then he had a fantastic half season at Villa leading many fans to demand MON/Randy pay the reported £10m fee ASAP before someone else swooped in but then it all went wrong. Not sure why you felt the need to lie like that.

This.

Even when it did go wrong here, he wasn't as bad as people made out.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't good enough for us to sign, certainly not for £10m.

But on here he got blamed for literally, and I mean literally, every goal. I remember trying to defend him sometimes and getting shot down. It didn't matter what the goal was like, it could be a tap in from a yard, people on here were blaming him for not saving it.

If you believed what was written on here then that season, if we'd had a decent keeper, we wouldn't have conceded a single goal in the last 5 months of the season.

Because how often do we get to play in the Olympics on home soil?

Keep all our best young players available for that and put the older players (Richards, Bent, Lennon, Johnson, Jagielka etc) into the Euros.

Are you serious? The Olympics? Who gives a ****?

The Olympic football tournament will be a big thing when it comes around.

How often do we get to host a major international football tournament?

How often do we get to see a British football team?

I give a **** about the Olympics, big time.

However, i don't think it should effect our selection for the Euros, which is a bigger tournament.

But once the Euro squad is decided, i think everyone else should be "pickable"

changes the formation though doesnt it? gerrard in a midfield 3 is sail on the mayonnaise sea, always has been always will be, too much hollywood and not enough discipline, he needs to be one of the front 3 IMO which leaves parker, lampard and milner to play in the centre (which to be fair would be my preferred starting midfield) with only jones as cover

id start -

hart

johnson - terry - lescott - cole

parker - milner - lampard

gerrard - carroll - young

i can see hodgson dropping milner from that, thinking he's the man with the secret as to how to play gerrard and lampard next to each other in the midfield 3 and playing downing/walcott in the front 3

Gerrard on the wing though?

I'd play:

Hart

Johnson Cahill Terry Cole

Parker Lampard

Walcott Gerrard Young

Welbeck

4-2-3-1 formation

I think Walker has been better for spurs this season than Johnson for Liverpool.. scored some right screamers..

Injured.

But now he'll be available for the Olympics :D

But now he'll be available for the Olympics

Spurs wont let their players be made available for the Olympics either will many top teams

Fergie said only Giggs is allowed go from United

But now he'll be available for the Olympics

Spurs wont let their players be made available for the Olympics either will many top teams

Fergie said only Giggs is allowed go from United as an over-age player

I expect the likes of Smalling and Cleverley to play in the Olympics.

he probably was. am sure he has started the most England games in the last 5 years

That was before Parker made his way back into the England squad though. Plus, both Gerrard and Lampard (god forbid they are played together again!) have been called up.

Â