England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

1. Where is Richards? Considerably better than Johnson.

2. What does Jones do best?

3. Carrick should be in the team if England want to maintain possesion.

4. What has Gerrard done in the past three years to merit his untouchable status? He's been injury prone or mediocre for ages. A few good games does a season isn't enough.

5. Downing? Ahead of A. Johnson? A key member of a title winning squad? Ha.

6. Lampard. In good form, fair play, but he hasn't enough pace, and I don't think England have the players to compensate for his lack of mobility.

7. Defoe? What?

8. Carrol? Coming into form, but Holt/Crouch have done his job better throughout the season.

I'm glad I'm not English.

(They'll go and **** win it now)

It's more like Eng-er-bland with that squad.

Frankly fed up with it all already, a chance for a new start and get a new bunch of younger players getting used to international tournaments with no expectation on them (not to mention the chance to get rid of the "golden generation" who've failed to get anything done since 2004) - instead we get this squad picked by a manager whose sole aim seems to be appeasing all those Liverpool fans he's irked in the past 2 years.

Can't wait. =/

Bent is nowhere near being fit, he was never in contention to go.

I agree it would have been a major risk to take him as he hasn't played for about two months. England have been down that route before, relying on injured players to come good and it doesn't work. The tournament is over before you get up to speed.

On the Terry/Ferdinand thing. I hate Terry with a passion, but...he is still a world class centre half.

Terry was a no-brainer to go, Ferdinand is injury prone and would never have been able to play that many games in such a short period of time.

Cahill, Glen Johnson, Downing, Gerrard, Oxlade Chamberlain, Defoe, Caroll? What a bag of shit.We wont get a win or get out of the group and the fans will turn on woy and there will be another massive payout for another sacked manager.

Come off it, bar 1 or 2 he's picked the same squad 99% of the country would have picked.

This. If the likes of Wilkshire, walker etc wernt injured and this squad was picked id understand the moans. Pretty much the best squad Woy could of picked.

Glad Bent didnt go no chance of being tapped up.

As for squad it is very poor but then look at alternatives, ENgland do not have many top players at moment that is not injured or retired but missing maybe Richards that is it.

They should have brought Carrick and Britton ahead of GErrard and Lampard, 2 players who contribution to England has been minimal for the reputation they have. At least the other 2 would recycle the ball which is key in tournaments instead of Hollywood balls

Â