England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

My only real issue with the squad is I would swap Downing with Richards (and assume Jones fills a MF position)

To fine tune I wouldn't have Gerrard, I'd have Carrick. And I wouldn't have Wellbeck, I'd have Sturridge. But those aren't major gripes.

That's assuming Bent isn't fit.

Apart form that it's not bad.

No villa players at all...iam hoping ireland win it all cause of shay given.

Which Villa players did you expect would be picked? The only English players who have appeared with any regularity for us this season are Warnock, Agbonlahor, Albrighton and Bent. The first three have been shite all season and Bent is nowhere near fit enough for an international tournament.

another england manager that picks by club not form. i hope we get **** over and dont get out the groups. why why **** why do gerrard and lampard keep being chances in tournaments, it means another summer of watching 2 players who cant play together as partnership get elbowed into the team.

team v france

hart

johnson cahill terry cole

gerrard parker lampard young

welbeck carroll.

france will win 12-0. benzema will have a field day

I still think we'll surprise a few peopl eat this tournament.

Our back 6 (including Parker as a DM that is) is actually bloody good. That's enough to give us a decent base if we get things right going forward. That'll be our problem I would guess.

no current Villa players, but 5 ex Villa players... says it all really.

Looks like a poor squad with some shocking omissions... but then again, can they really do any worse than squads that have gone before?

Terry is far from world class. Infact I think he has been found out ever since Carvalho left chelsea.

You didnt see the Barca game at The Bridge did you?

Look, i hate the bloke with a passion, but you cant deny he is still a very very good centre half, maybe not world class, but certainly good enough to be starting for England.

Terry is far from world class. Infact I think he has been found out ever since Carvalho left chelsea.

You didnt see the Barca game at The Bridge did you?

Look, i hate the bloke with a passion, but you cant deny he is still a very very good centre half, maybe not world class, but certainly good enough to be starting for England.

Or the previous game against napoli where he was exceptional.

The definition of world class is so vague it's barely even worth discussing.

But he's easily good enough for England (he's our best CB imo). And he certainly hasn't been crap for the past 2 seasons which Tim's post suggests

Downing?? Seriously? Yeah he has really set the world alight at Liverpool! 36 games no assists and no goals!! Roy is just making Liverpool fans happy, and Steven 'thug and get away with it' Gerrard as captain! I would have stuck with Parker but no Roy wants to keep the Liverpool fans happy!! Why pick Gerrard and Lampard everyone knows they can't play together its been tried countless times! Pretty underwhelmed with the whole England situation, feel for Bent but now he can't get tapped up by that long haired gippo Carroll and the big wet girls blouse Downing, and concentrate on getting fit and ready for the new season with villa!

Downing?? Seriously? Yeah he has really set the world alight at Liverpool! 36 games no assists and no goals!! Roy is just making Liverpool fans happy, and Steven 'thug and get away with it' Gerrard as captain! I would have stuck with Parker but no Roy wants to keep the Liverpool fans happy!! Why pick Gerrard and Lampard everyone knows they can't play together its been tried countless times! Pretty underwhelmed with the whole England situation, feel for Bent but now he can't get tapped up by that long haired gippo Carroll and the big wet girls blouse Downing, and concentrate on getting fit and ready for the new season with villa!

Calm, calm now :D

Calm, calm now :D

I'm much better now after that haha! Even the Liverpool fan i work with ( he actually goes to Anfield too!) could not understand why Downing was in the squad said he is a sack of crap and hopes they sell him in the summer.

I can't remember ever being less enthusiastic about an international tournament.

Honest question Mike - why do I feel that I am so much more of an avid fan of the England national team than you :D

Has it been mentioned how Hodgson was impressed by Chamberlain doing well against AC Milan duo Ambrosini and Pirlo?

Even though Ambrosini wasn't playing and Pirlo doesn't even play for them!

Rooney will be home without kicking a ball

Joke of a squad , though he did get it right by leaving out Rio

And what would you have changed?

Aside from the manager you mean :-)

Well Lescot has already proven he can't play at that level and Baines has looked outclassed at that level in his brief appearances as well

Downing shouldn't be there on current form

Woy is going to fall into the trap of going Gerrard and lampard isn't he .. How many managers have thought they would be the one to crack that !!

Up front we looke doomed though not one international class sticker in that lot once you look past the banned Rooney

I suppose Tbf he can only play the cards he is dealt but that is a poor poor squad

Â