General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I'm getting worried about McCarthy, can it really all be because some rich loon has decided to have a play about with a few grand, as they say there's no smoke without fire....

I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere has claimed to be ITK about McCarthy getting the job and sparked a flow of bets. I'm pretty sure Karl Robinson's odds of getting the Wolve's job drifted in after someone claimed that he was spotted at the Molineux (that information was posted here amongst other places).

I like a gamble but i've never used Betfair and I don't have a clue what's going on on that Betfair page, all the names have 6 different buttons next to them with 2 different numbers on the buttons????? WTF? Anyone?

dark blue button to back him, dark pink button to bet against it happening

Number on top are the odds, number on the bpotom is the amount of money available for that bet (you have to have people willing to take your bet on betfair)

A tenner on AVB at 40/1....ah why not? More chance of that than Mick.

Im not sure AVB would be the best option with us, EVEN IF we could tempt his massive ego to VP.

He has no experience of working with teams not fighting at the top of the table, and is only used to dealing with top players.

I think he would explode watching us play football!

It most likely will not happen, actually almost certainly won't, just saying that it is more likely than McCarthy, yet the betting odds on it are so high.

I like a gamble but i've never used Betfair and I don't have a clue what's going on on that Betfair page, all the names have 6 different buttons next to them with 2 different numbers on the buttons????? WTF? Anyone?

dark blue button to back him, dark pink button to bet against it happening

Number on top are the odds, number on the bpotom is the amount of money available for that bet (you have to have people willing to take your bet on betfair)

Cheers mate, simple enough! :)

**** Talkshite and the media as a whole.Anybody who a)listens to that shite, and b)believes any of the garbage spouted by the brainless morons on that station, are nearly as stupid as the people who pay 10 quid a minute to phone them up.rocket polishers.

Oh nearly forgot, Lambert for me.

Thanks for that, had no idea that molde were expected to win and that he had been given plenty of money.....not knowing anything about Norwegian football I just presumed he had just done a great job with a low placed team.

My reasoning for thinking that he would do a good job was based on his Norwegian performance and the way he played. He always seemed a very tactical player which is why he was such a great substitute, he seemed to watch where defenders went and did the opposite.

No worries. I guess I would be very excited to get Solskjær, if it did happen, but it would be like investing in a new tech company that could rise rapidly or go bust in six months and you are left wondering what the hell was that! With old and worn out managers like McLeish and McCarthy you know exactly what you get, with Solskjær it is impossible to predict based on his results thus far. He was very clever as a player and a model professional, and ten times that in fact. But transcending that to the managerial profession is hard. In fact, very few good managers were excellent players. And more often than not, excellent players turn out to be crap managers. At least in my opinion.

I guess one could compare AVB and Solskjær, both being young, reflected, very interested in the tactical game and well, modern. I suspect many of the older managers to deal with the game like they did in the oldern days, but that does not work anymore. McLeish probably treated his players like an old factory owner, but you need to have a closer relationship to control them and make them believe in the cause. But then again, I am afraid Solskjær needs to learn a lot more before being ready for the Prem.

Would I take Sunny over Bruce, McClaren, McCarthy, Curbs and all those names that are always going to be mentioned? In a heartbeat, but there are obvious candidates I would have before him. My first pick would be AVB just because I think he is incredibly promising, his English is better than Wenger already and he just inherited a Chelsea-team with lots of small problems needing a fix over a few years. People speak about Di Matteo as a saviour, I think he was a bit lucky and that almost every person in his role would do well at this point in the season. I really doubt he will be their manager next season, but I do hope so! As for AVB, he will probably end up in Italy coaching Internazionale or AS Roma. If not, Liverpool if they decide to can Dalglish (as they really should!).

My realistic pick would be Martinez, as I think his potential is very high and I genuinly like the guy. He is also very reflected, a gentleman, understands the game from playing in the lower league and never gets into the limelight for being an ass like many other managers. Rambling away here, guess we are all very nervous!

There might be one way that Villa could secure the services of one of the very best football managers out there to come and manage. Now, this is a bit left field, with a dollop of the hypothetical on the side, but bear with me.

There are those who believe that in the future (whether that be the distant or not so distant future is open to further debate) there'll be ladies managing football clubs at the highest level. So it stands to reason that out there right now must be a really skilled football manager managing a ladies team, someone who possesses more ability and tactical nous than many a fair-to-middling bloke manager, who just happens to be a woman. If Villa can think outside the box and lead the way, they could offer the best lady manager currently working out there in the world the Villa job, and I can't see how she wouldn't take it like a shot, and with the blessings of her - highly flattered - current employees.

Yes, it's a quirky idea, but then, one of the things that people admire about Villa fans is their progressive thinking, their cosmopolitanism, their ability to think more obliquely than others. Villa fans aren't just a bunch of lumpen chavs, sticking up the St George's Cross flag in the window every World Cup, with armfuls of dodgy tattoos, a dog that would bite your face off if it weren't on its lead, and a houseful of squawking kids with names like Mason, Jayden, Kayden, Weedon, Bison and Kai.

So how about it? Complete madness, or an ahead-of-its-time idea that's just waiting to be plucked out of the air and acted on by those with the gumption and cojones to do it? :)

So Faulkner says he is going to consult football people regards the next manager. Tip for you Paul.. do NOT open any letters with an Old Trafford stamp on them FFS!

the sad fact is i wouldn't be surprised if MM rocked up on his penny farthing outside Villa Park as our new manager....

let's just hope without a cobbled street in sight he might feel very homesick and choose to remain unemployed...

we never thought the board would be stupid enough to appoint one dinosaur and they did...

don't bet on them not doing it again if money is that tight

CI wrote:

Martinez and his 60" plasma can **** right off

Relegation fodder year after year

Curious to know, what could Martinez have done with that squad to signify success in your opinion?

And also, how high would they have finished with Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson at the helm? Of course a few places higher one could agree, but are you seriously implying that 8th to 10th would have been possible with these players and with that budget? Of course Wenger could have gotten in a few gems, but I am asking you based on that squad alone....

Steve Bruce did better at Wigan than Martinez ever will

Why do people overlook Bruce got them 9th no !

For the record, I don't Bruce either, but Martinez all of a sudden is the emperors new clothes, it's a joke

Have you lot heard the bollocks on sky sports?

Martin O'Neill being a smug little clearing in the woods.

That Shaun Custitisisis the studdering moron trying to say that it was the fans fault for not getting behind a 'good manager'.

And so far I'd say unless it's Lambert with $30m to spend on a new squad, we need someone else.

MM won't get the job.

Pete Colly saying he doesn't think the board want Lambert.

Mystery man would not be a good choice as manager. His job is to tell us information and gossip that has leaked out of the club. :winkold:

Mick McCarthy'd get in the likes of Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Steven Ward for a few million. Add to that a bid for Robbie Keane and Damo Duff.

With Shay Given and Richard Dunne we'd have Ireland's 2002 World Cup team, only ten years older.

Have you lot heard the bollocks on sky sports?

Martin O'Neill being a smug little clearing in the woods.

That Shaun Custitisisis the studdering moron trying to say that it was the fans fault for not getting behind a 'good manager'.

And so far I'd say unless it's Lambert with $30m to spend on a new squad, we need someone else.

What did MON say?

CI wrote:

Martinez and his 60" plasma can **** right off

Relegation fodder year after year

Curious to know, what could Martinez have done with that squad to signify success in your opinion?

And also, how high would they have finished with Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson at the helm? Of course a few places higher one could agree, but are you seriously implying that 8th to 10th would have been possible with these players and with that budget? Of course Wenger could have gotten in a few gems, but I am asking you based on that squad alone....

Steve Bruce did better at Wigan than Martinez ever will

Why do people overlook Bruce got them 9th no !

For the record, I don't Bruce either, but Martinez all of a sudden is the emperors new clothes, it's a joke

Emporors new clothes. You have been listning to talksport.

R.E. mick mcarthy.

its a stunt from that vermin down the road, and wba fans have joined in putting bets on to drive the odds down and make him favorite. dont worry about it.

so 1 book maker has taken £2k on MM, thats 2000 sha fans betting £1 each, or 1000 betting £2....

ill suck the popes cock if MM is even on the shortlist