General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The more I think about the Martinez the more I get put off a little. Wigan were terrible for a long time this season. And always get battered a few times a season too. Plus he paid how much for Di Santo? I'm not 50/50 on him

For those saying AVB, he is currently on the same wage he was on at chelsea until he gets a new job. He will not want to take much of a paycut , rules him out afaic

Shooting for the stars : AVB, Ranieri or Capello (they would bring experience at the highest levels)

More realistic : Lambert, Martinez or Rodgers (largely unproven, but big potential)

(Fat) Dark horse : Rafa

For those saying AVB, he is currently on the same wage he was on at chelsea until he gets a new job. He will not want to take much of a paycut , rules him out afaic

Kidding ourselves if we thought we could get him anyway

Kidding ourselves if we thought we could get him anyway

Yep. I feel anyone who has their heart set on him is going to be seriously disappointed.

I don't think they'll name a new boss until after May 31st...the day the season ticket price freeze finishes. I can imagine they'll want to try and get people back in the ground on this new wave of optimism'...the eventual appointment may dent this...

I think if the club are to enquire about Martinez again (which i think they might) then it's for the best they do it in such a way that the media don't get a sniff of it like last time.

It'll be embarrassing if he says no again and it's even worse if the media pick up on it.

The danger is, let's assume the "realistic" targets of Rodgers Martinez & Lambert all turn it down (not beyond the realms), then what?

Thats when they'll panic again & make a rash decision

Lambert all the way for me, two consecutive promotions followed by a solid first premiership season. The man is a winner, was as a player and now as a manager. Also has a bigger profile within the game than most other candidates mentioned.

My worry over Martinez is that whilst Wigan finished very strongly, why on earth did they leave it so late in the season to start showing what they could do?

I cant see Rodgers leaving and there is no chance of AVB, he''ll want a club with European football already. I dont think Randy would consider another ex Blue Nose - so that rules out Bruce (thankfully) and Hughton. Rafa would want to much cash to spend and both Curbishly and McCarthy hardly meet Fualkners desire for a manger to bing back the vibrancy.

So it got to be ...

Paul Lamberts Claret and Blue Army!

The danger is, let's assume the "realistic" targets of Rodgers Martinez & Lambert all turn it down (not beyond the realms), then what?

Thats when they'll panic again & make a rash decision

Rodgers won't leave Swansea, not long signed a new deal, but Martinex and Lambert will join if offered the job.

Shooting for the stars : AVB, Ranieri or Capello (they would bring experience at the highest levels)

More realistic : Lambert, Martinez or Rodgers (largely unproven, but big potential)

(Fat) Dark horse : Rafa

Sky Italia said that Ranieri wanted the job last night. I think he would be a good option if Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers rule themselves out. I don't imagine he's on their radar though. He's not one for building teams over five years - he's had about five teams since he left Chelsea.

Can only see one possible candidate for the job when i look through the contenders.

Rodgers - holding out for a better offer imo

Martinez - too risky incase he rejects us again

Clark - seriously overrated by some on here, so good he had Jordan Rhodes on the bench for several games at Huddersfield and played 4-5-1 instead

Mccarthy - need i say anything?

This leaves Lambert, the man we need