General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

and on this topic

Wishfull Thinking : AVB

Very Happy with: Martinez / Lambert

Just for laughs: Di canio (sp?)

Im not up to date with other countries leagues but anybody who would be happy to build the clubtop to bottom and change the football philosphy here would get my vote

Appointing McCarthy would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fryer. I can't see them making the same mistake twice. Can they?

With regards to who I want as manager, i just want someone who has broader horizons than the PL, someone who will build Villa like Wenger did at Arsenal, changing the philosophy of the club and the image in the process. This would require a huge overhaul, and clearing of a few of the older players from the squad especially the back 4. For this I would take a chance with AVB, who I feel could build something special given time and means. I feel that this is highly unlikely to happen though and will probably have to set my sights a little lower.

I'm 50/50 on Lambert, he has done a fantastic job at Norwich on a limited budget. Some of you guys on here talk about his tactical knowledge, and I would have to take your word on that as I haven't seen much of Norwich if I'm totally honest. What worries me about Lambert is is he another MON who will be limited by his transfer targets. He does have European pedigree having played with Dortmund, so maybe at a bigger club his scope for transfers would widen. I thought the same about MON though and he disappointed with signings like Harewood/Sidwell/Collins.

I also am 50/50 on Martinez, he has done a fantastic job towards the end of the season, but I ask myself why he hasn't managed to build on impressive finishes to the previous seasons and have a good whole season? His transfer hit rate also leaves a bit to be desired, and most of his better players were bought in by Bruce.

To summarise, I haven't got a clue. :lol:

Why is everyone worried about McCarty & Megson.

Back to the Official Statement yesterday:

Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent."

These 2 are not about compelling play. I really think it will be one of Lambert, Martinez or Poyet.

Isn't it funny how the two managers NowIDoNotLikeThat kept on going on about in reference to McLeish (Megson and McCarthy) are now two names that have suddenly popped up? :P

I think id prefer Mcleish back

Yeah I think Talksport are doing a bit of fishing, throwing some bait out to get some bites from panicking Villa fans.

I can't believe Talksport would do such a thing.

This has to be the biggest wind up in history. Only a bunch of complete arseholes with not a brain cell between them would appoint McCarthy or Megson

You'd have to be the kind of idiot that appointed Big Eck on the say so of Fergie to be that daft

Oh ... wait

Anyone listening to talksport?

Micky Quinn saying why would Lambert leave Norwich for Villa. It would be a step down and a bad career move. :shock:

Adrian Durham shot him down though. For once I agree with Adrian Durham.

Think I might switch off now to be honest. Megson talk and now this.

If they really can't poach anyone - the worst they can deliver is Curbishley - and I would be ok with that.
Agreed. Wouldn't be celebrating or anything but would take him over McCarthy or Megson.