General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can only see one possible candidate for the job when i look through the contenders.

Rodgers - holding out for a better offer imo

Martinez - too risky incase he rejects us again

Clark - seriously overrated by some on here, so good he had Jordan Rhodes on the bench for several games at Huddersfield and played 4-5-1 instead

Mccarthy - need i say anything?

This leaves Lambert, the man we need

Martinez would be silly to reject us again, but if he did, so be it, i wouldn't not approach him just in case we look a bit silly in the press if he knocks us back again, **** the media. He's the best of the realistic candidates if you ask me, and he'd get us playing football again.

What did MON say?

That McLeish wasn't given enough time, that he should have been allowed to bring in his own squad, that MON would "give him a call when it all dies down". Petulant little rat.

60k a week for James Collins.... uggghhhhh... thanks mon.

Does anyone else think getting Ranieri instead of one of the younger ones would be like signing Heskey instead of , say, Demba Ba?
If Ranieri couldn't keep his job with a blank check book how is going to cope with 20 quid a week pocket money?

Christ these markets change quickly don't they? Brendan Rogers was 25/1 on SkyBet about an hour or so ago - now he's at 66/1!

EDIT: Nevermind, was looking at the next West Brom manager market. :lol:

Christ these markets change quickly don't they? Brendan Rogers was 25/1 on SkyBet about an hour or so ago - now he's at 66/1!

EDIT: Nevermind, was looking at the next West Brom manager market. :lol:

Haha, fear not i did a similar thing earlier, nearly put a tenner on comply or die as our next boss.

I wouldn't mind giving Nigel Adkins a chance.

Worked wonders at Scunthorpe and Southampton and is 'young ad dynamic' plus gettable.

I know he's just got so'ton up but I don't think he'd turn us down, Scunthorpe to villa in three years? He'd jump for it