General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Okay - got some info here from Dad - I don't know how reliable it is but whatever. I am not ITK, and I doubt my dad is ITK

Well my Dad says he was speaking to a former player who works at VP today and that "source" said:

- We offered OGS the job and he declined it

- We have interviewed Rogers (however he is now likely going to liverpool)

- We are currently in talks with Martinez and he was at Villa Park today (according to the 'source')

- The 3rd mystery Candidate is Capello.

Martinez is meeting with Whelan today and Capello is hardly young and vibrant, so doubt it :lol: .

- We are currently in talks with Martinez and he was at Villa Park today (according to the 'source')

I thought he was stuck in Manchester fog bound on his way to meet Whelan in Guernsey?

This is crazy............ so many rumours on different candidates.

Okay - got some info here from Dad - I don't know how reliable it is but whatever. I am not ITK, and I doubt my dad is ITK

Well my Dad says he was speaking to a former player who works at VP today and that "source" said:

riker.gif

Martinez is meeting with Whelan today and Capello is hardly young and vibrant, so doubt it :lol: .

Martinez could not make meeting with Whelan. He claimed it was because of fog delays.

The flight to Jersey that Martinez would have been waiting for was scheduled at 1215 but only left Manchester at 1541, so I guess he didn't bother going.

Lambert is hardly vibrant, compelling or exciting

So if it's him those words were either just plucked from a dictionary or it's more club spin and assuming the fans are all retards

Nail on head. If we appoint Lambert expect mid table mediocrity at best watching long ball football

My dad is saying something is going to happen tonight with Martinez. All we can do is wait and see.

I hope your dad is right because I think that Martinez would be great for Villa. However, I have the feeling that your dad is pulling your plonker.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers meeting with Liverpool this afternoon #SSN

Didn't these same sources state on SSN that he'd turned LFC down a couple of weeks ago?

So if it's him those words were either just plucked from a dictionary or it's more club spin and assuming the fans are all retards

Nail on head. If we appoint Lambert expect mid table mediocrity at best watching long ball football

Norwich don't play long ball football.

I think he ruled himself out rather than turning them down. The latter requiring an approach that hadn't happened at the time. Seems it's harder to turn Liverpool down once they actually come knocking.

Mid table would do fine for me for a season or 2.

Not sure Norwich played close to the hoofball we saw under McLeish. It would be a massive, massive improvement.

Not entirely related to our managerial search but yesterday that Fourth Official guy on Twitter claimed Martinez would be Liverpool manager and that Rodgers was just a smokescreen. Seems he's not that ITK after all.

My dad is saying something is going to happen tonight with Martinez. All we can do is wait and see.

He's really covering his bases with a statement like that!