General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

CI randy will not give 20 million plus player sales. 8 million plus 50% is what i have been told

Neil Moxey the Midlands correspondent for the Daily Mail was on Talk Sport other day, he is under the impression from what he has heard that the new manager will be given significant funds to rebuild the squad, gotta be more than £8 million surely. Don't see us making much from player sales in transfer fees.

Bent £15m, Gabby £7m, Nzogbia £5m, Ireland £3m

That would mean the new man has £23m to spend to replace the 4 listed above and also Cuellar, Guzan, Heskey and Petrov.

I am also led to belive that 3 of the 4 from Bent, Gabby, Nzogbia and Ireland have requested transfers away from Villa Park but time will tell.

Led to believe? First I've heard of that.

You expecting Villa to sell those 4? I don't. I doubt we'd sell any of them this summer and would want more that £3 for Ireland if we did flog him. I was talking more on the lines of Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Hutton. Can't see us raising much from them, so 50% of those transfers would be pittance.

I think it's a little implausable to think we will sell most of our first team!! Who ever comes in will have to utilise potential, and we know that most of them can have a good game, they just need to have lots of them.

After striking a few more players off the books we're going to have less than half of the budget Eck had last year?

Bullshit.

Villa is in a horrendous financial state. We only exist because Lerner agrees to keep the club going. If it wasnt for lerner propping up the debt we would go the same way as rangers.

We owe Lerner nearly £200m. He is now trying to correct the mess he created under MON.

After striking a few more players off the books we're going to have less than half of the budget Eck had last year?

Bullshit.

Villa is in a horrendous financial state. We only exist because Lerner agrees to keep the club going. If it wasnt for lerner propping up the debt we would go the same way as rangers.

We owe Lerner nearly £200m. He is now trying to correct the mess he created under MON.

From what I heard in January, the club were also looking for buyers for Bent at that time. Whether that position has changed now... I don't know.

as Millibend would put it, 'too fast, too hard'! the club needs to find some level of success to start balancing the books else it will be a slippery slope. Lerner needs to correct the financial mess we're in by growing the club back our rightful position of 5th most successful Premiership team!!

Id be quite pleased with Rafa - he may not demand the big transfer bounty some think - I don't think at this stage in his career he has that many offers on the table. A return to pool looks unlikley as they seem to want more of a coach to work under a technical director.

I know this young vibrant thing has captured everones imagination. But to me the job now is comparable to when Graham Taylor took over in 1987. If you recall he came in declared the club a 'shambles' and got to work putting it right. Putting Doug Ellis in his place in the process.

If we want a similar job now - then I don't see some 30 something - young manager doing that. Rafa is an experienced bloke who won't take no shit of that excuse for a CEO faulkner - or Lerner. Unfortunately thats also the reason I don't see him being appointed

Actually put forward Rafa as the man i would want at the helm of the club some time ago.

Same reasons as before instill discipline, sort out the bad eggs and raise our profile again. He won't come, or any other decent manager if our budget is 8m.

My feeling is that any manager coming in will be given 20m plus any revenue generated from player sales. Anything less than that and no decent manager will come to preside over us being relegated next year.

It does look like Randy wants a manager on the free, doesn't it? No other club has leaked that Villa are snooping around for their manager so who ever Randy has targeted next is not under contract, is my assumption. Based on all the press on OGS it seems he didn't have a specific compensation clause in his contract if he chose to move to a PL team and his contract was re-worked to add it this week! Guess Randy thought he could get OGS for little or nothing too. So the Rafa rumours probably are more than rumours. I know we judge managers and players based on their last job and on their failures but Benitez is a good manager even if he is a fat ass arrogant one. Hey maybe our boys need a little injection of arrogance. Rafa with a kitty of cash might just work! Personally I'm neutral regarding him but should he be appointed I'm 100% behind him.

Really we got warnock for 8m? what a disaster.

Yep. And on a 4 year deal. Laughable.

Okay good. Proves Rafa can adequately deal in the transfer market. Maybe he can fleece others by selling Collins Dunne and Warnock again. Didn't WC Fields say that there was a sucker born every minute? Ha!

Okay good. Proves Rafa can adequately deal in the transfer market. Maybe he can fleece others by selling Collins Dunne and Warnock again. Didn't WC Fields say that there was a sucker born every minute? Ha!

We bought him from Blackburn. I don't see what Rafa had to do with that one

Well next week they really need to start moving this process on to the next stage, ie deciding who they want and signing him.

They are either waiting to see what goes on with martinez or there is some indecision going on here. I`m not sure i like either.

What exactly are villa doing? This all too feels like last summer and the Ancellotti anti-climax, this year its the OGS anti-climax so were going to end up with a dick of a manager with little to no funds. Randy please prove me wrong!!