General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I can see Lerner making 20m available

Plus sales of collins Warnock Dunne etc would give rafa a decent budget

Very little over £20 million then!

He'd have to use some of the £20m to get someone to take them off our books.

I just think the transfer budget is going to be a major issue, there is now way Rafa will work on a shoe string budget, no chance.. He will want about 25-35 mill.

They will discuss that before rafa agrees to sign the contract.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-04-02-rafa-benitezs-fifa-com-interview-my-next-job-must-match-my-desire

"With the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules you have to manage the budget, you have to be careful and you have to promote young players from the academy."

Quote from a recent interview, good read. Won`t be a big problem.

Well If rafa is willing to work within a budget and promote our youth players, then I say get him signed up, might be able to get the next Alonso.

I think he would be able to get us some good talent from abroad for good prices, he has obviously been studying european football during his time out.

Didn't MON sell Cahill to bring in Zat Knight?

Yes he did unfortunately

Knight joined in Aug 2007

Cahill left in Jan 2008

Knight took his place and Cahill was then sold due to lack of 1st team opportunites - due to Knight

CI randy will not give 20 million plus player sales. 8 million plus 50% is what i have been told

Neil Moxey the Midlands correspondent for the Daily Mail was on Talk Sport other day, he is under the impression from what he has heard that the new manager will be given significant funds to rebuild the squad, gotta be more than £8 million surely. Don't see us making much from player sales in transfer fees.

Yes he did unfortunately

Cahill left in Jan 2008

Knight took his place and Cahill was then sold due to lack of 1st team opportunites - due to Knight

Knight came in as cover when MON was struggling to sign the 10million quid centre-half Curtis Davies.

Yes he did unfortunately

Cahill left in Jan 2008

Knight came in as cover when MON was struggling to sign the 10million quid centre-half Curtis Davies.

either way it was still a massive MON cock up!

I'd be happy with Benitez, I absolutely despise the bloke but he's a good manager.

Sums it up for me.

this. the barry 'saga' left a sour taste

People hate him because he targeted one of our players that he wanted to sign or is there more to it?

If not, I don't know why people get so upset when other managers buy our players, it's part of the game.

My take: The Dynamic Duo Lerner & Faulkner doesn't have an A target per say.

Lerner have paid Klinsmann handsomely for a nice little short list of potential managers suiting whatever criteria he's after (hopefully young, hungry, vibrant and CAPABLE). What they are doing now is simply going through the list sussing out the candidates (by phone, jet plane, informal conversations, interviews, whatever) and then decide on a prioritized list based on

1. who Lerner finds most pleasant do deal with and

2. who is less likely to make a fuzz about small transfer kittys.

OK, this is just me picturing the process, really hope the reality is a tad different. Also, I hope Mr. Klinsmann has put a few of his brilliant German colleagues on that list. 8-)

CI randy will not give 20 million plus player sales. 8 million plus 50% is what i have been told

Neil Moxey the Midlands correspondent for the Daily Mail was on Talk Sport other day, he is under the impression from what he has heard that the new manager will be given significant funds to rebuild the squad, gotta be more than £8 million surely. Don't see us making much from player sales in transfer fees.

Bent £15m, Gabby £7m, Nzogbia £5m, Ireland £3m

That would mean the new man has £23m to spend to replace the 4 listed above and also Cuellar, Guzan, Heskey and Petrov.

I am also led to belive that 3 of the 4 from Bent, Gabby, Nzogbia and Ireland have requested transfers away from Villa Park but time will tell.